Bridal Lingerie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridal Lingerie!

So you buy your big poofy dress, and a filler skirt for under it, then shoes, a veil, hair pins, jewelry and when you think you're all done, they tell you you can dress up that evening too!
    It's like a conspiracy or something *all dramatic*

Annny way... I have no idea what I want to wear. Not even close, except for the fact I'm entertaining the idea of finding a white top hat somewhere.

So, for those who have done the wedding thing, what kind of lingerie did you wear if any? Do you have an opinion on it?
    And if you're planning like me, have you chosen something?

Tell me your pg stories!
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

I picked up several fun nightgowns before the Big Night, of course, but my favorite was one given to me at my bridal shower by my mom, aunt, and younger sister:

https://www.stylebistro.com/shop/Osc...+Renta/Clothes

I love wearing it - it was a perfect choice for me, all pretty, lacy, and bridal.

It was a super fun surprise since my SO had expressed interest in me wearing this kind of lingerie sometime (I had asked him if there were any styles he'd especially like to see), and my mom remembered when I had told her about it while we were lingerie shopping before the wedding.

So, yes, I wore this plus a spare garter I had worn during the wedding (a replica of the toss garter - it had a little airplane charm attached to it since my husband's a pilot!). He was quite the fan of the ensemble.

Great thread, Zephii! Can't wait to see what other people add to it!
    My heart belongs to a pilot!
    ~*~
    ~*~
    [/center]

Comment

I'm not sure I can be much help but for my friend's wedding last year her colors were bright pink so for her lingerie she wore a bight pink lacy thong with a fancy bright pink bra.

Comment

well for the wedding itself, I am wearing the unattractive bridal undies: https://www.figleaves.com/uk/product...=&colour=Ivory

Then I am changing into a short dress to go out for dinner which has a built-bra so I was just going to get some cute knickers. I am contemplating getting just a little white nightdress like this: https://www.sophieandgrace.co.uk/ind...ightdress.html

However, I sincerely doubt the hubby will let me have yet another wardrobe change before he's allowed to consummate the marriage so that would probs just be for sleeping in, rather then for wedding-night seduction

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Trethy - That's so sweet and lovely, so totally you!

Snow girl - I guess it really doesn't need to be white, right?

Nicole - your unattractive bridal undies are a lot nicer than mine will be lol. I'm going for one of those stick-on bras. You know the silicone ones? They reckon if you get a good one it can take you up two cupsizes, and man I need all the help I can get haha. They're so not sexy though.

Comment

^^ I did consider one of those, but even when I drop to the tiny size I was when I ordered the dress, the twins stay the same cup size- D! I really hate strapless bras, because I'm so top heavy. I was considering just not wearing one at all but that would make dress fittings extremely awkward

Another idea of mine was to wear a corset under the dress so no costume change required, but I know I would be extremely uncomfortable all day so I ruled it out.

Comment

^^ I did consider one of those, but even when I drop to the tiny size I was when I ordered the dress, the twins stay the same cup size- D! I really hate strapless bras, because I'm so top heavy. I was considering just not wearing one at all but that would make dress fittings extremely awkward

Another idea of mine was to wear a corset under the dress so no costume change required, but I know I would be extremely uncomfortable all day so I ruled it out.

Comment

Corset underneath would be brutal!
                I know I'll have time to change because Obi's a bit prissy and wont come near me with a ten foot stick if I haven't showered in the last 5 hours haha. (That might be exagerating, but you get my drift lol)

Comment

I have no idea what to recommend as I didn't even know there was such thing as bridal lingerie. But I am enjoying the posts people are putting up!

Comment

Peculiarly enough, although I haven't really ever thought about what style of wedding dress I want to wear, I've always known what undies I'm going to have. Ha!

I've always loved the idea of the full classic get up, with a basque/corset, suspenders and stockings. I think it just looks fab and I always feel really sexy and confident when I wear a corset, I guess because it gives you a lovely waspish waist and a proper hourglass figure. I like this, because it's simple (and the bows are adorable): https://www.agentprovocateur.com/lin...c-corset~cream

The only problem is I do think it kind of kills the romance having to do a costume change, and my SO has said on a few occasions he likes the idea of taking my wedding dress off me. Whether that's a general man thing, or just him, I dunno.

Plus, little nighties are more comfortable and have that old-time romantic feel to them.

Has your SO got any opinion?

Comment

For my wedding night I went to Vickies..and I found just what I was looking for: A gorgeous White form-fitting lace boddess and it also had a pretty bow on it. I will say my husband was most definitely a fan
                      " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                      Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X