Don't Tell The Bride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Tell The Bride

So, for anyone who doesn't know about this programme, it's shown on the good old BBC and the premise is that the show gives £12,000 to a couple so that they can afford their perfect wedding - the catch being the groom has to organise the whole shebang in three weeks, and the bride can't know a thing until the day she gets married. It's completely trash TV, but it's also annoyingly addictive and you can't look away. You're always just waiting for the groom to buy the awful dress, or the wrong shoes, or book the venue at his local football stadium.

I have to admit, I'm a bit of a control freak, but I reckon I could trust my SO to organise a fairly good knees up. The only reservation I'd have would be the wedding dress. What he THINKS looks good on me and what I KNOW looks good on me are two entirely separate things. If it were up to him, I'd be walking down the isle in a miniskirt or something equally inappropriate.

So, the question is - would you trust your SO to organise the whole wedding all on his/her own?

I would trust my SO with venue and such. We're both pretty much agreed on a wedding chapel in Vegas, cause it's fairly cheap and we will be spending far too much money on visas and such.
    with my apparel? not so much. I'm picky when it comes to wedding dresses.

First Met Online: October 2010
    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I think he would do a good job but I also like to be in control of things and would be sitting around white knuckled the whole time nervous that he was going to do something silly.

Comment

I think he would do a good job on the fashion side.... organisation-wise.... he would fail miserably! He's been to many weddings though I have been to zero, and I ask him things like what did *these* people do and what is normal etc and the answer is always "................ I wasn't paying attention".

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mmm, no. Only because spiritually we're not on the same page and I think that part of it would end up being very unfulfilling. I think he'd be fine with everything else, i know that even though I'd likely end up wearing hideous ruffles, everyone always says the bride looks beautiful even when she doesn't so it really wouldnt matter haha.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Lol Mitch says that it's my job..and he just shows up in his suit. Would like him to show a lil more interest but ohh well :P
            " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
            Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Hmm i know he could pull of a fairy tale wedding, no doubt about all that but on the dress and my look idk... lol we have dif taste in clothes completely. But then again ive shown him pics of wedding dresses i like in the past so maybe he paid attention. So yes i could trust my SO to pull it off. He has a very sweet romantic side, and so with something as serious as our wedding i know he would put his whole heart into it.
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

That's interesting.. I always say I don't care about how a wedding goes as long as there are not too many people attending. He seems to think I care more than I say I do, but also seems to know what I want, so I think he'd do a pretty good job of it. I trust he knows enough to seek opinion and help from his family. If the dress he picks out is ugly, as long as he thinks I look my most beautiful in it I will wear it. (:

Comment

Haha.
                  My boyfriend would probably have his mum organize most of it. Which would probably mean that I'd get the wedding she would have liked to have but couldn't afford.
                  We've already pretty much picked a church and a venue, though, so there's not much he can do wrong with that.
                  But there'd probably be only vodka and beer to drink and horrible food.

It's not a perfect plan, but I would definitely trust my boyfriend to plan a semi decent wedding on his own.

*edit: I've just realized that this is my 666th post - yay!!!
                  Last edited by Dziubka; August 15, 2011, 12:03 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I don't know if I could trust him to do the whole thing. I'm a huge control freak and crazy about organizing and planning and he's not. He doesn't plan anything. My SO wouldn't want to do that. He would just decide on the place and leave everything else to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm actually training to be a wedding planner but I'd trust my SO completely :P. We have really similar tastes and although I know he'd be too scared to pick anything just in case, he'd be good at it. Though, I guess you can be proved wrong haha

Comment

Working...
                      X