Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A word to the wise...

For anybody planning a wedding...

Do NOT enter the sweepstakes offered by David's Bridal unless you are comfortable with them selling your information to other companies. My SO and I recently got engaged, and we entered their contest for a $500 credit towards a wedding dress there. Today we got a call from another company offering us free "gifts" to attend a showing of their products. While indeed the gifts themselves are free, a little more looking reveals that there is a "small shipping and handling charge," and for the free resort trips offered "airfare is not included."

Be careful out there on those internets everyone!

Congrats on your engagement

If you can handle the massive amounts of spam, sometimes companies selling your info can really pay off - for example, this is how Obi and I scored free wedding bands. They can be useful to get discounts on photographers and a bunch of other stuff too. Having an email address (and possibly a phone nuber too) that you can use just during the engagement period might help shed the spam once all is over and done with though.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Good idea Zephii. This was definitely not a good offer, but I believe you are correct that there are ones that may be. Getting a separate phone/e-mail might not be a bad idea to weed things out!

Comment

Working...
      X