No announcement yet.

Promise Rings and Engagement Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fiance and I got matching rings (not the original ring he gave me when he proposed) that are engraved with our anniversary date on the inside of the band. It was a really good price for something that was personalized, check out evesaddiction.com if you're interested in anything like that

Comment

My boyfriend bought me a ring and we just call it out promise ring. LOL. It's not cheap, but at this point in our relationship we'd rather call it a promise ring rather than an engagement ring.

Comment

About our promise rings...
        Ok, its been a few months since I ordered them and yes we both have ours.
        So if you are wondering what I got.. Well, I order two matching promise rings with "Amor Meus" (My love) Engraved on them. They are 16th century museum replica rings in sterling silver.

Originally posted by archangel View Post
        As for Engagement rings.. I'm having a bit of a crisis. I only know of a few designs out there...
        I hope my lover isn't looking at this thread since it would ruin the surprise.

I am in search of finding a Diamond and Moonstone Engagement ring. I tried googling it and came across this:

It looks lovely and all, but its costs close to 2,000 CAD (not including shipping and handling).

I am thinking of going down to a local jewelery store and ask them about custom made engagement rings. I am looking for something close to the 1500 dollar range, but that is also one of a kind and isn't too flashy.

Does anyone here know of jewelery stores that work with semi-precious gemstones and have a website?
        "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
        "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
        "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by archangel View Post
          About our promise rings...
          Ok, its been a few months since I ordered them and yes we both have ours.
          So if you are wondering what I got.. Well, I order two matching promise rings with "Amor Meus" (My love) Engraved on them. They are 16th century museum replica rings in sterling silver.

I hope my lover isn't looking at this thread since it would ruin the surprise.

I am in search of finding a Diamond and Moonstone Engagement ring. I tried googling it and came across this:

It looks lovely and all, but its costs close to 2,000 CAD (not including shipping and handling).

I am thinking of going down to a local jewelery store and ask them about custom made engagement rings. I am looking for something close to the 1500 dollar range, but that is also one of a kind and isn't too flashy.

Does anyone here know of jewelery stores that work with semi-precious gemstones and have a website?
          Raru.com

I do want to caution you that semi-precious stones aren't necessarily the best for wedding rings/engagement rings. You have to be careful with a stone's hardness versus how much it's worn. Most jewelers will recommend sapphires and diamonds if you want an engagement ring because they're the ones hard enough to withstand daily use/abuse. Sapphires include a variety of colors, and rubies are actually sapphires as well (same stone, just the red ones became known as rubies, little known fact ^^).

I hope this helps and isn't overstepping. No matter what, Raru is a high quality place to work with. I had my wedding rings done there in my (now over) marriage.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

For promise ring, i dont have any idea.coz we didnt wear any.

For engagement ring, maybe solitare cut, past present & Future ring. Before my fiance buy the engagement ring, he send me pictures of ring which i might like. Make sure you check your gf ring diameter too if you are buying without her near you.:-D it happens to me, i give my fiance my ring size, unfortunely our country ring sizing is different. he was shocked after the ring done (he custom made at jewelry store) it can fit him. :-D So then we use ruler to see the diameter and he have it resize again..

Comment

Working...
            X