X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the engaged/married...

...how did you or your SO propose?

Love thinking back to this moment!

I had been with my SO in the UK for about 3 months and had a week left before I had to go back to the NZ to finish my second semester of uni. My SO had his graduation 4 days before I left so I was so happy I could come over and be with him for it

Anyway, on the day all his family plus myself went to the graduation ceremony (pretty sure I was clapping the loudest ) and afterwards my SO's step dad started to take some pictures taken such as this one,

and many others of course!

Anywho, We then walk over to a little hill area where Nick wanted his picture taken with the University of Sheffield sign. He asked me to come and have my picture taken with him so I took off my heels and started pulling Nick up to the sign I noticed Nick wasn't coming with me and so I turned around and was about to say, "what are you doing?" when I notice him on the ground kneeling

I was in shocked/mute the entire time he was proposing and it wasn't until he said the words, "darling Maria will you marry me?" in which I then shriek out with my kiwi accent, "yeesssss" bahahahah

It was so nice to do it in front of his family (and randoms)

Comment

Ahh Madge that is soooo amazing! That photo is perfect! I love it!

Comment

OH MY GOODNESS! The pictures make it PERFECT!

Comment

DAWW, how amazing! and you are so lucky to have it registered forever in such an amazing picture!
          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Me and my SO we're walking to this woods where i've been going since i can remember because i wanted to take some photos for my photography portfolio. we went around sunset because its always pretty down there then We walked through the woods and came to a meadow clearing where you could clearly see the sunset. I took some photos and just as i tried to walk off, he took my arm and told me to turn around and not to look back until he said so. So i turned around. When i turned back around he was down on one knee and proposed! It was the cutest thing ever! I wish someone had caught on camera >.< It was just infront of the sunset in a grassy meadow Perfect

Comment

Those are very sweet proposals!

Comment

It was Christmas morning. My sister and her SO were there, and we'd all opened our presents and emptied our stockings. Obi pretended there was an item he forgot to put in my stocking and ran back into our room to grab it. He came out with his santa hat covering his hand, and said to me "Before I give you this, I need to ask you a question" And then he knelt beside me and the santa hat was gone and there was a little wooden box with a ring in his hands... he said "Will you marry me?"

Though I had some suspicions, I didn't honestly believe it could ever happen to me, so I was somewhat horrified. I covered my face and burried my head in the mattress below me (my sister's bed was on the floor under the christmas tree, and that's where we were), and I believe I may have groned in an unladylike fashion. Not at all what I thought I'd react like. When I was able to look at him again I managed an "uhm, Yeah I guess so." And he put his ring on my finger.
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Great stories everyone!

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Thank you for sharing!

Comment

aww lol cute proposals you guys
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

These are so cute

@ Zephii : That's so sweet! I feel like my reaction would be something like yours. I can't handle surprises very well ._.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Well...I remember before he proposed we were in his car and I started playing with the arm rest, lifting it up and he freaked out and slammed it shut (which I thought was wierd but I didnt connect the dots :P)

the next day we went to his Nation Guard Company HQ in the morning and went through some classes. Then we were driving by this beautiful park and I commented on it and he asked if I wanted to go for a walk. We walked all through the park, saw the beautiful flowers hand in hand talking about everything.

We reached the end of the trail and there was a swing there so we sat down. He said "We have had quite the journey" and together we started talking about every twist and turn in our relationship. The whole time he was twitching like crazy, he just looked like something is wrong. I kept asking "why are you so fidgety? What's wrong with you?". Finally he said "Ok, you want to know what's bothering me?" He got up off the swing pulled out the ringbox and went to a knee. I was quite shocked about what was going on. He said "Stephanie, I love you more than you know. You make me happier than any woman ever has." ( The whole time I am just sitting here with my hand covering my mouth..just dumbstruck). He did not even say it the traditional way (think it was because he was to nervous), he said "So you want to do this?". Of course I said yes . He has made me the luckiest and happiest girl ever since . I love my now husband

Those pictures the other girls posted were so cute...I only wish I had pics of the proposal
                        " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                        Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

These are all so sweet! I love reading about everyone's proposal experiences.

As for me, I haven't (officially) proposed yet, but how I'm going to propose to my SO occupies much of my free time. I hope I can make it as memorable and perfect for her as all of your proposals have been for you. :3

Comment

awww~!! y'all all have such sweet stories >w< I luff them. ^^

I don't have a story yet, though. ^^; my boyfriend keeps asking me, "Will you marry me?" and I'll say, "Yes." and he'll be like, "Good, just checking..." and it won't be an actual proposal >.< so whenever he actually does do it I don't know if I'll believe it ^^;

Comment

Madge, that second picture is just utterly perfect. Do you have it framed somewhere? If not, you definitely should!

Comment

Working...
                              X