Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Size? Am I reading too much into this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Size? Am I reading too much into this?

So... yeah... I'm getting a bit jittery. my boyfriend asked me to move in with him a couple months ago, he's not moving to the city until January, which is fine. However, he's started talking about proposals, asking me about wedding things, stuff like that. one of his friends thinks he's goign to propose before May, but that friend is a little bit of a romantic (like me) and my boyfriend is a bit of a realist at times. ^^;

Anyway... so last night I was talking to him and mentioned I'd bought my mom a bracelet that I'll give her for her birthday (over a month away) and that the sale's lady was trying to get me to buy a ring for myself but I didn't know my ring size. He told me to figure it out because he kind of needed to know. Well, his exact words were, "Find out your size so that I can know."

My initial reaction is to believe he might be preparing to propose, but am I reading too much into this?

You might be reading into it... but then again you might not be...

My SO asked me this over a year ago and we're still not engaged. We have talked about it and we are always talking about things we want at our wedding and other related topics. But like I said, we're still not engaged.

That being said, at the very least, it means that he is thinking about it...whether in the near future or not. If I were you, I would just find out your ring size and give it to him. That way when he needs it, be it now or later, he'll have it!

:-)

Comment

Could be, but at the same time, I think itat least means he's thinking about it. Which I think is good, to know he wants marriage and that your relationship is headed in that direction. My SO and I been talking about weddings and getting married, but I actually have no idea when he might pop the question lol.
      I would just enjoy the butterfly's with these kind of questions, give him your ring finger size, and then just enjoy the love you guys have, and when he asks he asks lol. I think surprise proposals are the best.
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Dunno, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that could be so exciting!!!!!

Comment

It could happen or you could be reading into it too much, it's hard to say. he may want to know so he can get you a promise ring or even have it for the future.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

My SO asked me to find out my ring size. And then on his next visit here, he proposed. He might be thinking about it - but whether or not its soon or not is only something he knows >.<

Comment

Whether he asks now or in five years, it's still something he needs to know Maybe he's just being prepared, but the fact he wants to be prepared is a very good thing. ^^

He knows your stand on things though, and he knows he's ready for more in this relationship... so maybe he's ready for a lot more! Pretty exciting
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

hmm..sounds promising .
                " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

I think he may be thinking about it or preparing for the future! That's so exciting!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                    Dunno, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that could be so exciting!!!!!

^ ditto

It is nice to see he is getting prepared

Comment

you may or may not be getting a ring in the near future but at least his mind is churning- which is a good thing! any time a man buys his woman jewelry it's a good thing!

Comment

Yeah, I talked to him and he said he's not ready to be married (which I understand, we still have time) but he also said he'd rather me propose. >.> oh wells.

Comment

Yeah, I've been asked my ring size before, and it's because they wanted to buy me a ring. Just a ring. Neat fact - the majority of the time, your ring size is the same as your shoe size, or at least very close.
                          <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Originally posted by weetzie View Post
                            Yeah, I've been asked my ring size before, and it's because they wanted to buy me a ring. Just a ring. Neat fact - the majority of the time, your ring size is the same as your shoe size, or at least very close.
                            Really? o.O My shoe size is like...several sizes bigger than my ring size o.O

Comment

dont get your hopes up, christmas is coming up....

(but side note: THAT WOULD BE TO SWEET! GOOD LUCK GIRL!!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X