East Coast of good ol' USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Coast of good ol' USA.

My fiance and I are getting married in December because of timing. In June were going to have a ceremony/reception for our family, pretty much a vow renewal I guess ... We wanted to go to Italy this December, but theres just not the time time so were going to wait until this summer. ANYWAYS, the point is ... does anyone have any suggestions on somewhere to go for four days on the east coast of the United States, we still want to "get away" (Were both from Tropical areas, so we were thinking someone cooler) .. Where would we get the most snow in December

Why not New York or Boston?
    Anyway, about Italy, be ready if you go in the summer to experience A LOT of humidity, and avoid Rome, it gets pretty crowded, and the heat wave can be unbearable there. Aim to the North of Italy, it's quite beautiful up there

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

I'm from the East Coast and have been all up and down it for various vacations. I highly recommend Boston, Massachusetts. It has a lot of places to visit but it isn't as crowded as New York City. It is also quite cold with a lot of snow. It's also, I believe, not as expensive as New York City. I'm actually going there during this winter for a few days.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

There's a really good chance NYC won't have any snow at all in December. Go further north
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Or just go to where I used to live in Jersey. Already had 8 inches of snow and knocked out power for five days. But there is nothing to do there :P

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I LOVE Boston, Mass. What a great town. I also love Philadelphia! And if you're looking for some nature and not so much a city, check out Maine. I've never been but I hear it's just gorgeous.

Comment

Philly is awesome (but I'm biased), but we almost never have real snow in December either. OP, do you want city or country? There is so much to do in the Northeast, if you narrow it down with what you want to do, we can help you better Vermont would be really snowy and nice.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I live in NH just an hour north of Boston. Its really easy to fly in and out of Logan (Boston). Also its pretty easy to get around Boston with just public transport and walking, which is what you would want especially in the winter. There's lots of historic area's and sights, museum's, the aquarium, local burgeoning artist community, including performance art (because of the college's), incredible eatery's and nightlife around Fenway park area. Last December I took my SO to Boston for a get away and we had an amazing time just walking around the city in the snow. Everything was open but quiet. I got a really good deal through Priceline because the city itself isn't ski country.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

oh and yes NH and Vermont are both absolutely gorgeous and picturesque in December... especially if you are looking for someplace quiet and self contained. Consider finding someplace that won't require driving.. as being plowed out in a rural or even a suburban area is very hit and miss. (voice of 40 years of experience here). If you decide to go to NH, VT or Maine.. make sure you investigate your meals and entertainment options.. so you won't be disappointed.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                  And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions everyone! I gave him my favorite two places and he told me he wanted to surprise me with which one. lol whatever makes him happy, its fine with me.

Comment

That's exciting! I'm too late but I second Boston. I'm from Delaware so I'm close to Philly, and don't get to travel to Boston every often.
                      <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Working...
                      X