No announcement yet.

datingaversaries and anniversaries....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So out of curiosity, what is everyone's thoughts on getting married on the date you started dating?
    This could also eliminate the problem for couples who have a hard time remembering dates who would like to remember both.
    You never forget your first love...

Comment

Originally posted by heylittlekrissy View Post
      So out of curiosity, what is everyone's thoughts on getting married on the date you started dating?
      This could also eliminate the problem for couples who have a hard time remembering dates who would like to remember both.
      I've thought about that, but I don't really want a winter wedding. Also then it is his bday, our anniversary and christmas all smooshed into part of the year. I'd rather spread all events throughout the year to give us something to always look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        I've thought about that, but I don't really want a winter wedding. Also then it is his bday, our anniversary and christmas all smooshed into part of the year. I'd rather spread all events throughout the year to give us something to always look forward to.
        Yeah, I'd thought about that being a problem for some people; I feel the same way, I wouldn't want my wedding anniversary to fall right around a bunch of other special occasions if I can help it, because even though I'm not married, I feel it would be very special to me, and would want to be able to celebrate it as so.

Comment

I definitely thought about it too, but since we knew we wanted to get married this year, it wasn't going to be practical. The 8th of December is during the week before college finals start for my husband (it was a very "interesting" time for us to start dating, too). Also, since we were having the wedding in my state, he wouldn't have been able to travel for it.

I think it's an awesome idea, though, and I would have loved to try it if it were feasible.
          My heart belongs to a pilot!
          ~*~
          ~*~
          [/center]

Comment

I was actually thinking about this yesterday

We got together on May 19th and my SO proposed to me on July 19th (year after ) so I like the 19th as a date..we were suppose to have the wedding in New Zealand end of next year (during the summer) but due to some family members not being able to afford to come over it looks like it will be either the US or UK. AND May 19th next year falls on a Saturday.. 0_o

Long story short, if it is feasible then I would do it

Comment

This is something I've thought about a lot, and I actually found a solution! I'd like to get married on the anniversary of when we began dating. That way we have one set anniversary and there's no confusion. I love the day we became a couple, so I'd love that to be our wedding anniversary too if possible!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

It's interesting to hear others thoughts on that, and it seems so far I'm not the only one who's considered it lol. We started dating on March 30th, which is actually a really nice time to be in Florida, it's not cold, but it's not too warm either, so if that was feasible for us, I would totally be up for it lol.
                On a side note: We haven't even met in person yet, so I'm totally getting WAYYY ahead of myself, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

Comment

Our anniversary will always be special and it's hard to forget- Halloween and Our "date" anniversary is now called "Sushi Day" because that's what we ate on our first date. I think we will always recognize those days, but the wedding anniversary will be the only day we exchange gifts etc on.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                  <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                  The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                  <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                  <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                  Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                  Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think I would only celebrate the wedding anniversary. My SO and I's story is kind of confusing (broke up and got back together) so it would be so much easier to just have one date to take care of everything!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

We started dating on February 24th, which is way too close to Valentine's day, so I don't think I'd like to get married then. I want to continue to celebrate our date-aversary, especially since we're coming up on being together for five years. Celebrating for us is a nice night out (nice meaning we don't wear t-shirts and order an appetizer) so I don't think it'll be hard to celebrate two. These first five years have been an important part of our relationship, we've done a lot of growing and gone through a lot of obstacles and made a lot of amazing memories. I told him I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him three months after we starting dating and have committed myself to that since. To me, not celebrating would be like brushing off all those years as not as important simply because I wasn't wearing a ring around my finger when they happened.

Comment

LOL, Its exactly what I want.

quoting myself from one or two posts before you asked that:

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                        I thought about it as well. So I want to get married on the 27 of december, the day we first saw each other in person and started dating, or 26 of january, the day he asked me to be his girlfriend, because both those dates are important for me. so i would still be saying something like: "exactly 4 years we are together, and 1 of those years being of marriage" or something like that.
                        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I actually really like that idea. So much! I'm not sure if it will be possible, but we'll see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X