Wedding entrance music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding entrance music?

Right, Im getting married in church and hoped to use the church organ but you can use CD's there (i think). Are there any songs that can be used apart from the wedding march? (i really dont like that one, its over played and i have a terrible rhyme go through my head everytime i hear it!!) Also i was thinking of theme tunes to disney or some slow, peaceful songs that could be used as wedding songs. Basically anything that could be used when i walk down the isle! What are some you guys have used? or going to use? Ideas? Thaaanks

I dont think i've thought that far just yet lol.

I know that we aint gonna be getting married in church though. We already agreed on outside facing the sea xD Still i think i'd like music to be played. Im gonna watch this thread and hopefully get some ideas xD

Comment

lol i was just watching Bride Wars today and i was just think for ideas, but im going to see the vicar soon so its nice to get some ideas together
      Awwh the sea idea is really nice!

Comment

I think I'm walking down the aisle to a part of the soundtrack from Pixar's "Up!" either "Married Life" or a snippet from "Up! with the credits"- I like the end of "Up with the credits" so I will have to figure out a way to cut the track. I still dunno what the Bridal party are walking to.. My SO mentioned "You've got a friend in me" from Toy Story lol

Other songs I have thought of- Instrumental versions of Owl City's "Fireflies" or "Vanilla Twilight", or Charlene Soraia's version of "Wherever you will go" is very beautiful too. Another one which is really pretty- Pachabel's Canon in D, but that is pretty common for weddings too.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I asked you in another thread, but i guess you didnt see it, when are you getting married? will your parents give the permission? as you are only 16 if im not mistaken. not judging, just really curious, because i dont think my mother would ever allow me to get married at that age
          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

No i dont think i did see it! Sorry! June 1st 2013, when im 18 (even though i had to move my date to a week before my 18th for family reasons) My parents are fully behind me on that

Comment

well since i read your post earlier this morning i've been thinking about it. I really dont know. I love Beyonces Halo song but im not sure i'd want to walk down the aisle with that. I deffo want it played at some point.
              Im thinking do i wanna go with what my man and i enjoy listening to or music where everyone would be ok with? as in the parents and such. Unfortunatly for me when we get married i think only my parents will be there. Everyone else there will be his family since we'll be holding it in the states. Im not sure i could get all my friends over there. Since we're all in the medical field (newly grad nurses/doctors) it'd be hard for everyone to take that week off to come to my wedding. which is sad : ( AHHHHHH maybe i'll have to hold 3 weddings! (america,uk,hong kong) lol

Comment

When my son's father and I were engaged, I wanted to walk down the aisle to Canon in D - it is such a beautiful piece. However I want to come up with something new since I don't want to use any part of a previous wedding plan for my SO & my wedding (when he finally gets around to proposing!).

When my best friend got married, she had me walk down to the instrumental first part of "Bittersweet Symphony", which is not really a wedding song but the strings in the first part are really nice and easy to walk down the aisle to the beat.

Comment

We used Canon in D. Not the most original choice, admittedly, but beautiful.
                  My heart belongs to a pilot!
                  ~*~
                  ~*~
                  [/center]

Comment

Canon in D is most popular for American weddings. Vivadi's Spring is another popular choice.

Comment

My celebrant plays the harp, so I'm hoping I can walk down the aslie to that, but failing that, I'm happy just to have the sounds of the city and the ocean. Though, something by enigma or loreena mc Kennit (sp) would also be a nice choice for us seeming it's a pagan wedding.
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I really want to walk down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train. I'll be getting married in a Catholic church though so that's not allowed. But it's still a beautiful song and will definitely be played at my reception.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                          I really want to walk down the aisle to "Marry Me" by Train. I'll be getting married in a Catholic church though so that's not allowed. But it's still a beautiful song and will definitely be played at my reception.
                          That's the song I'm planning on using too. I hadn't heard of anyone else with the same idea before. It's a shame you can't use it because it's such an adorable song.

Comment

Originally posted by blferguson1s View Post
                            That's the song I'm planning on using too. I hadn't heard of anyone else with the same idea before. It's a shame you can't use it because it's such an adorable song.
                            Me either! And it really is. I'm definitely going to have it play at my reception. I mean I'm way off from getting married but the first time I heard the song I was like "This must happen".

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Yeah that is such a nice song! There are some good ideas here, gonna have to have a little think about it lol. I still have a while yet tho :P

Comment

Working...
                              X