No announcement yet.

Wedding entrance music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad got married in June and his wife walked down the "aisle" to "We are going to be friends" by the White Stripes played acoustically by a friend. (the song at the beginning of Napoleon Dynamite)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfD8d3XJok

Comment

my big sister went to the local high school and asked the orchestra director for 4 of the best students that would play her down (for CHEAP!!!!)

shes walking down to the slow part of the love actually theme

Comment

After reading all these posts, ive actually had an idea. I loveee Robbie Williams, So i was considering the beginning or either Angels, or She's the One -
        https://youtu.be/tfTWHbtv_-Y
        https://youtu.be/sVaRHJn_dgM
        Thoughts?
        Also i love the idea of the love actually theme!

Comment

those are both nice! but do you want someone singing as you walk down? or someone playing the song on a piano or strings or really any instruments? also with a cd you have to be careful, bc they scratch so easily, you dont want to be halfway walking down the isle and the cd skip. just words for thought

im sure you could find music for these songs online for free

pianofiles.com has a bunch of sheet music

also i loved my sisters idea too. She had a friend that got married in a museum by the dinosaurs and her friend walked down to the theme from Jurassic park

Good luck!!!

Comment

I havent really put much thought into whether it'll be a CD or piano.
            I already have all the songs, on an album and on itunes
            Omg thats amazing! Such a cool idea! lol
            Thaanks

Comment

I've told my SO I want to have Pirates of the Caribbean music playing, but I'm not sure he took me seriously. Specifically, I Don't Think Now Is The Best Time from At World's End.

My college roommate walked down the aisle to Beauty & the Beast. It was very pretty

Comment

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
                my big sister went to the local high school and asked the orchestra director for 4 of the best students that would play her down (for CHEAP!!!!)

shes walking down to the slow part of the love actually theme
                Thats a brilliant idea! You could also get your hair done by their cosmetology students! Get the kids in design to make your dress. The other kids in home ec to bake you a cake.

I've never been to a wedding where the entrance music had words in it, it's always been Canon in D

Comment

I played in a string quartet in high school and we played a lot of weddings. Our whole marketing strategy was that we were a cheaper alternative to professional musicians. I would definitely look into that as an option.

(Personally, as a cellist, I don't like the normal arrangement of Canon in D - possibly the most boring cello part ever written. But it is a gorgeous piece.)
                  Ann & James

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird,
                  and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours,
                  we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
                  ― Dr. Seuss

Comment

I am planning on walking in to The Lovers' Waltz by Jay Unger. It's very simple and gentle Here's a link of it being performed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRyMH_4PO3Y

Comment

Originally posted by ecpaseur View Post
                      I am planning on walking in to The Lovers' Waltz by Jay Unger. It's very simple and gentle Here's a link of it being performed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRyMH_4PO3Y
                      Wow! Beautiful song I really hope you don't mind but I'm so going to use that in my July wedding. The theme I'm working towards is "small country wedding". This song fits perfectly and all I needed to complete my music list was a bridal processional song!
                      *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                        Thats a brilliant idea! You could also get your hair done by their cosmetology students! Get the kids in design to make your dress. The other kids in home ec to bake you a cake.

I've never been to a wedding where the entrance music had words in it, it's always been Canon in D
                        hers doesnt have words, personally i hate the normal bride music, im not sure how that even became a thing haha
                        but i tried to get her to let our culinary department in the hs to do her rehearsal dinner but she wasnt going for it, even though they are 2nd national high school culinary department

Comment

I'm getting married this September and I haven't even given this a thought.
                          I'm absolutely terrified of walking down the aisle and everyone staring at me, and I feel like the traditional bridal march is a bit too much and will draw even more attention!!
                          I need to find something soft and mellow but romantic. I'm going to have to look up your guys suggestions if its ok.

Comment

I don't have any ideas for a wedding, but my boyfriend seems to have everything mapped out. He suggested the theme from the Princess Bride. It's very romantic and simple. It's perfect. If I could have that and whoever married us open the ceremony with, "MAWWWWAAAGGEEE." I wouldn't need anything else.

Comment

I don't know exactly what I want for my music, but I definitely DO NOT want "Here Comes the Bride." It's way too traditional, makes me nervous when I hear it for some reason, and always manages to make me cry, so I don't want to be crying as I walk down the aisle. I'll probably bawl my eyes out during the entire ceremony, might as well have one moment with dry eyes. I do like "You Belong to Me" by Jason Wade, so I may walk down to a slowed down instrumental version of it. Here's the piano version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jz0EO8-iq4
                              Last edited by loveknowsnodistance27; February 9, 2012, 10:51 AM.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I was listening through the Up! soundtrack on spotify today- I just found the most perfect track from it- it's going to make us both cry I know it!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X