Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping a laptop to Australia from England.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping a laptop to Australia from England.

Okay so I might have to go back to Australia from England without my strong man to carry my heavy laptop with me. So I'm thinking I'll have to ship my laptop back to Oz. Does anyone know where I could purchase a secure laptop box to pack it into? Website links or places within the UK (I'm living in West Sussex, England at the moment). Or is there any other way I can do this? Anything related will be a huge help!

Is your laptop made of stone? :P I think it would be a waste of money to ship it back, stick it in your carry on and wear an extra layer of clothes if you need to make more space. How did you bring it in the first place?

Comment

Yeah, I agree. It would be such a waste of money for just shipping a laptop. Take it with you! I always put mine in a laptop bag, throw it over my shoulder and I'm good to go!

Comment

I got to the UK with the help of Doug. It's a heavy laptop, quite thick and big and with carrying a handbag about which is my carry on luggage and hold onto my passport, it is a great task. Also when going through security you have to unpack the whole thing for them to scan properly- pain in the butt! I don't have the energy to do it by myself. But if you think it's a waste of money then I'll think of something else.

Comment

instead of using a handbag, why not buy a cheap backpack then it will fit and you will have your hands free as well as still have room for things you want to carry on. You can stick your empty handbag in your suitcase, thats what I did.

Comment

Yeah I might buy a small back pack.

Comment

I know it's a pain, but it's only 1-2 days you'll have to do it!
              When I came back here (Africa) from the States, I had my laptop PLUS my old one that I was bringing to my SO. Together, they weighed so much. It was a bit uncomfortable and annoying getting through security. But in the end, I was fine and it was only 1 day of my life.

btw- I used a backpack for one (with my toiletries, valuables, books, etc) and the other one I put inside a case and then in a big cloth bag that I also added some extra clothes in. Like I said, annoying but doable.

Comment

my SO is from England and he brings his laptop each time he comes to visit me in Australia (melbourne ). He just puts it in his suitcase with his clothes wrapped/packed around it to keep it safe. He hasn't had a problem so far and it means he doesn't have to carry it around on his journey
                Met Online: February 2009
                Feelings grew: January 2011
                First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012