Thinking Skype may not be enough......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking Skype may not be enough......

Last night my SO and i were on skype watching tv together and all of a sudden i got really emotional. Even though we saw each other and were "there" it just did not feel like enough. I have not met him in person yet, and we are working on a visit. This could just be me missing him.

Felt like I needed to get this out. Anything positive or helpful will be greatly appreciated.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Consider yourself lucky to have skype! I wish my man and I could skype but he doesnt have a computer. I think we all understand how overwhelmingly negative the distance can feel. But just hold on, that first visit, the first time you touch him is the best feeling in the world.

Finding myself.

Comment

I can't say anything helpful because I feel exactly the same. Some days is better but others (like today) is so hard. I can't give advice but I'm sending you a huge hug! Is your visit soon?

Comment

Rhomy,
        We originally wanted to visit on our first anniversary, but he does not have a job right now, and my car keeps breaking down. So sadly I can not go anywhere until i get a newer car. It will be a lot easier to drive than to fly.

Thanks goalie_girl34

Comment

Hey girl,
          I know how ya feel, sometimes when this happens I have to excuse myself cuz I start crying too much.
          Something I find that helps me other than talking with him about it and having those sentimental moments, is calling up my best friend to go hang out to put a smile on my face and get my mind off things...I know it is no solution because it still feels lonely at the end of the day but it helps for a few hours.

Also...ICE CREAM or comfort food hehe...i know, cliche, but really, it helps a lil

Hugs from one girl in a LDR to another ^_^

Comment

Thanks so much sweetleya!

Comment

I can totally relate to this. It's like my SO is right there, if I could juuuust reach out and touch him. But, I can't and it hurts a lot. *hugs* And even after I'm done on Skype with him or on the phone, I always cry because I miss him and I won't get to either hear his voice or "see" him for another week or so if I'm lucky since we can only talk on the phone or Skype once a week generally. Sometimes we go longer without it and rely solely on texting or FB.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I think i know why the distance is bothering me more. I just do not understand why it is affecting me so much since my theory has nothing to do with our relationship. Today was a better day, but we both were busy and I had work to keep me a little distracted from the distance.

Comment

aww i know how this feels. Sometimes in the mist of our skype time, when its really great between us, when we have a moment of pause, i suddenly get so sad and depressed, because were having such a good time how i so wish it were in person. I can see him, and i want so badly to reach out and hug him or be right there with him. I think most of us go through this, it's part of the LDR struggles. Still, i love seeing him, even if it does make me miss him. Lately he's been going on cam for me more, and it really is the best to help ease the distance blues. Just stay busy, and try to keep your mind occupied, stay strong!
                  I love you Nathan <3
                  sigpic
                  5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                    aww i know how this feels. Sometimes in the mist of our skype time, when its really great between us, when we have a moment of pause, i suddenly get so sad and depressed, because were having such a good time how i so wish it were in person. I can see him, and i want so badly to reach out and hug him or be right there with him. I think most of us go through this, it's part of the LDR struggles. Still, i love seeing him, even if it does make me miss him. Lately he's been going on cam for me more, and it really is the best to help ease the distance blues. Just stay busy, and try to keep your mind occupied, stay strong!
                    Thanks so much! I am looking forward to wacthing tv with him soon and reading a book with him. Doing my best to stay busy and not think about the distance itself. I really hate it, we both do, but right now we are doing all that we can.

Comment

I completely understand how you feel. The SO and I have relied on Skype for the past five years. (This March it'll be six.)

It does get better, trust me. We did end up getting married last November, but for many complicated reasons he's had to go back to his country and now we're back to using Skype again.

Sometimes we both get really emotional or downtrodden because we can't see each other, but we always tell each other that if we were both willing to stick it out for each other this long, that our relationship is worth it. We tell each other that instead of counting down the days until we see each other again, look forward to when we can finally spend the rest of our lives together. Remind ourselves of when we do see each other again, how many kisses and hugs we'll get to make up for all those that have been missed.

We found out that we could do more to ease the distance - we end up watching YouTube videos together, playing online games, surfing and sharing news online, making stupid faces at each other on webcams. even just leaving Skype on while we're doing work just to feel each other's "presence" - whatever it takes to make it feel more like we're there.

I don't know how many times we've said "it sucks that ____" to each other, but instead we've just thought about the things we look forward to doing together when we finally get together. And that's even more fun to talk about.

Hang in there!

Comment

When I've gone on Skype with Chris, I've gotten upset quite a few times simply because he's so close and yet so far at the same time, so I can totally relate. It'll get better though

Comment

Originally posted by goalie_girl34 View Post
                          the first time you touch him is the best feeling in the world.
                          THIS! I just stated crying suddenly, thinking about how it will feel, and wrote her a long offline message on Skype. As we haven't met in person yet I just have my imgination to go on, my god, it will feel sooooo good...

On Topic: when you get those moments, I feel it is a great relief to just tell her how much I miss her and wish that we could just be together physically now. It's always reassuring to hear her say that she feels exactly the same. It gives me a little more detrmination to really do all I can to make sure that it will happen one day.

Comment

I sometimes get this feeling too while on Skype with my bf. The worst is right after he leaves from a visit. It's so hard to comprehend that he was right beside me just a few hours ago and now I can't kiss him or hug him. Instead of focusing on that, we try and make our Skype time fun. We play games, watch videos, and do things to forget about the distance. I do wish he was here though so we could do these things together Thinking and planning what you will get to do when you finally see them helps though and I always end up making my packing list and list of things to do when we see each other a couple months before my trip because I just can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by pink elephant View Post
                              I completely understand how you feel. The SO and I have relied on Skype for the past five years. (This March it'll be six.)

It does get better, trust me. We did end up getting married last November, but for many complicated reasons he's had to go back to his country and now we're back to using Skype again.

Sometimes we both get really emotional or downtrodden because we can't see each other, but we always tell each other that if we were both willing to stick it out for each other this long, that our relationship is worth it. We tell each other that instead of counting down the days until we see each other again, look forward to when we can finally spend the rest of our lives together. Remind ourselves of when we do see each other again, how many kisses and hugs we'll get to make up for all those that have been missed.

We found out that we could do more to ease the distance - we end up watching YouTube videos together, playing online games, surfing and sharing news online, making stupid faces at each other on webcams. even just leaving Skype on while we're doing work just to feel each other's "presence" - whatever it takes to make it feel more like we're there.

I don't know how many times we've said "it sucks that ____" to each other, but instead we've just thought about the things we look forward to doing together when we finally get together. And that's even more fun to talk about.

Hang in there!
                              One thousand times this.

Even last night my girlfriend was getting emotional that she couldn't be in my arms... which actually is how I wound up on the LFAD blog last night.

I'm sure watching TV over Skype isn't all you do as a couple, but sometimes you do need something completely new to revitalize how positively you feel about a relationship. There are a lot of games and activities you can participate in together online. The LFAD blog has some wonderful ideas; that's why I'm here!

As pink elephant said, hang in there!

Comment

Working...
                              X