LFAD-Slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
    I've noticed a difference. I was also going to suggest getting rid of the chat, I've never used it.
    There's still more I have to figure out. The site is still getting throttled at the moment. So at times pages will load slower.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

I don't mind the chat box being gone either, hardly ever used it and if I did, it was just to answer some of those questions it had. As long as the site's running and we can post, it'll be enough

It's still working fine for me, I haven't noticed it being slow at all now!

Comment

It's just a start with helping showthread.php use less CPU, but I removed rep power from the post bit (info under your username). The setting said it takes a bit of processing time to calculate it. I figure people probably don't care much about rep power anyway. Age has to be calculated too, but I won't remove it - too many people like it and I get requests all the time from people wanting me to change their DOB privacy settings so their age will show up in the postbit. I also removed the blog link in the post bit (it showed blog count and linked to your blog).

All other postbit info is static and unchanging - no calculation needed for those. So those will remain.
        Read my LDR story!
        Facebook
        Instagram

Comment

Oh man...I love giving reps and even love more when theres a notification that I got one! Haha I'll survive without though

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
            Oh man...I love giving reps and even love more when theres a notification that I got one! Haha I'll survive without though
            No worries! You can still do those things! The only thing I took away was the rep power being displayed in your postbit. It used to say something like... Rep Power 3. You still have rep power. And you can still give rep by clicking the black star under a post.
            Read my LDR story!
            Facebook
            Instagram

Comment

I won't miss the chat box. :P I am definitely seeing a great improvement in speed. Previously, opening a thread would require anywhere from 3-10 seconds, sometimes more if it was a particularly bad day. Now I'm consistently seeing load times of less than 2 seconds, so I think all of the changes that have been made have been efficient. I haven't seen the "are you sure you want to leave this page?" error since posting here, either, so I think speeding up the load time has helped with that, since I previously got the error on both laptop and desktop but I've only cleared the cache on one of them.

I think custom pages and maybe a little more inbox space (up to 50 messages? 100?) could be reapplied without much impact on site performance. Those are things that are fun and useful for people and losing them is disappointing.
              Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
              Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
              Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
                I think custom pages and maybe a little more inbox space (up to 50 messages? 100?) could be reapplied without much impact on site performance. Those are things that are fun and useful for people and losing them is disappointing.
                I changed it back to the default which was 25 messages. Right now with the site still throttling, I'm going to wait. Just to give you an idea, for the last 30 minutes it's been throttling for ALL but 1 of those minutes. That's really bad.
                Read my LDR story!
                Facebook
                Instagram

Comment

I just made it so by default the quick reply box does not appear when you are viewing a thread. I figure you don't need it unless you are going to reply. So now to make the quick reply box show up, just click the "Reply to Thread" button in the bottom left of the page. This should also help things run a little more efficiently.
                  Read my LDR story!
                  Facebook
                  Instagram

Comment

Working...
                  X