This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making an LDR app for Androids?

So I saw that there was an LDR app, and I got super excited.

Then I saw it was just for iPhones/iPads, and I was sad. I have an Android...

I'm no good at creating things like this, but I'd be more than happy to help figure out how we can get a similar app for Androids.

Does anyone know how this process works? Could anyone explain exactly what is on the iPhone app (since I can't access it) so we can have some ideas?

there are a few countdowns too for android, the one I found fit best is called; I miss You, CountDown. you can find it for free in the android market!!

Comment

I use Days Left to count down the days, but I would like to have one where you can count down the hours.
      My really really old phone had countdown that could count down hours from 100 and I liked seeing them go by.
      I got up in the morning and it said 90 and then when I got home from work and uni it was already down to 80. Made me happy to see that.

I don't know if I need a specific LDR App, but I've been wanting to open a "useful LDR Apps" thread. So maybe we can talk about that here?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn Hope View Post
        Could anyone explain exactly what is on the iPhone app (since I can't access it) so we can have some ideas?
        It has a countdown timer (soon multiple ones) a picture frame, buttons to call and text your partner, quotes that you can tweet/email/text and a featured blog every week.

If there are any Android developers on this forum, I'd consider sharing some of my code/graphics if you'd like to make an Android counterpart to it.

Comment

Thanks, Scrobby! That's what I'm looking for, not just a countdown timer (which is still good to know, thanks everyone else!).

I wonder if I can ask around my friends or get Michelle/Frank to hunt down an Android developer.
          Last edited by Stubborn Hope; March 7, 2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Please, make this happen D:

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
            \

Comment

I would really like this too. I've been using an app called Days Matter to do a daily countdown, but it's definitely not my favorite thing. I would love an app specifically for LDR. Also, I know nothing about the iPhone app or app programming, but I would like to help any way I can.

Comment

Working...
              X