Long distance music-making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long distance music-making

Does anyone know of any good ways of playing music (with actual instruments) long-distance? Skype is ok but there's sometimes a bit of a delay in the call, which can make things difficult to make work correctly. Ideas?
    Emeline

hmmm....lemme ask a few friends and do some investigating...and i will let you know...i play bass guitar...so i know how much music can mean...

Comment

I don't know of a messenger that you can use, but I know of an awesome activity that two of my friends did. As a kid, we played a game where someone starts a story with a couple of sentences. The next player has to continue the story with the next couple sentences. You can convert the game from a story to a song. We all have MacBooks with Garageband installed. My friend came up with a base line and put it in a loop. He sent the file to his SO and she added a guitar track. she sent the track back to him and he added a vocal part. then he sent it back to her and she added the vocal chorus, etc... some awesome songs have been created that way.

Comment

Regardless of the program, I think it will always depend in a huge amount on the quality of your connection. Information will still have to be sent back and forth and regardless of the quality of the program, the sound will still be delayed if the connection is not behaving.

Comment

Working...
        X