Sweet Reddit Cake Day Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Reddit Cake Day Plans

I know some of you are probably familiar with the website Reddit, but for those of you who arent, it's basically a HUGE forum site with sub-reddits about pretty much anything you can think of. It's actually pretty cool. When I used to hear my boyfriend talk about it I would just brush it off and think it was just a dumb geeky thing he was into, but no, it's sooooo much more than that. I only look at the front page stuff, mainly because I am still a lurker, but there is so much information on there that you could literally spend all day reading because you get sucked in. I love it.

ANYWAYS. If you're a member, you a get a "cake day" on the date that you registered every year, basically a Reddit birthday. On your cake day, you're supposed to post something significant, many people will title their posts "Reddit, I Present to You, (whatever it is they're posting about)". Most of the ones I've ever seen are cute pictures of their pets doing something adorable. Well, two days ago my boyfriend and I adopted a puppy together. I've never seen him be so sweet to anything in my entire life. It's like he's actually our child. So today he tells me that for his cake day, which is in 13 days, he is going to post Mozzie (our puppy) on Reddit so he can "show off his cuteness". In my head I was like "OMG that is the sweetest thing ever!". He doesn't like the idea of us having children, so this all came as such a surprise to me, but I'm absolutely loving it!

Also, Reddit is giving us more to talk about. We have been together for a long time, so texting conversations get a little boring sometimes, but now we are always sending each other pictures or links that we found on Reddit and it's something that we get to share together. Maybe this would be something you and your SO do in your spare time while you are apart. It's so fun! There's something for everyone!
Working...
X