Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skype to Mobile Issues... Need Suggestions (Alternatives)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype to Mobile Issues... Need Suggestions (Alternatives)

So, my guy and I ran into a little snag when his phone got wet and the rice solution didn't work. He diligently searched and was able to put his SIM card in a co-worker's phone to contact me. The phone he is using doesn't have Skype (so I can't make a FREE mobile call because he isn't logged in), so I tried to pay for a monthly Skype subscription that would allow me to pay for the ability to dial his mobile phone. Well, as soon as my payment went through, they SUSPENDED my account! They said the network I was using was fraudulent? I work in a law firm! It's locked down like Fort Knox!!

Anywho... after throwing out the fun fact that I was an attorney, they miraculously refunded my money, but my problem isn't solved. Is there another alternative to Skype that would allow me to pay to call his mobile phone (or wherever his SIM card is housed as the case is now)?

I tried contacting my mobile provider, but got confused. He doesn't have international coverage, and I don't want either of our bills to be ridiculous. Even though I am technically calling a "local" number, he's roaming in a different country. That can get expensive (I fear what our 15 minute call will do to us already). Suggestions?

When we were LD, I used Rebtel to call his mobile phone. It works like skype, you can pay for minutes but I don't think they have subscriptions. For calling mobiles in my SO's country is was actually a few cents cheaper than skype.
    You could also try Google Voice. I kind of gave up on them because it kept saying I needed to download the application plug in when I had already downloaded it.

Good luck!

Comment

A very good option maybe for your SO to call you is "peterzahlt" I have used it a few times and it is really cheap! Good Luck!! [Go and google it and it should take you to their website, unfortunately I am not allowed to post links yet]

Comment

Working...
      X