Beaming Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaming Technology

I am an admitted Scifi geek and I was just wondering about this today. If they were to make the Star Trek beaming tech would you use it to be able to see your SO? It is not as cut and dry as it sounds for me. They literally have to de-materialize your body and then re-materialize it in the other place. Talk about fear of travel! It is hilarious but the scene from Spaceballs and the transporter makes it a very scary idea to me.

I think I would consider it but not till after it was tested and proven safe and used for quite a long time before I did it. The pros are amazing for an LDR couple, it would completely take away all the woes of not being together. You could just beam to each other for a few hours, days or whatever you could spare whenever you wanted. The cons are the possibility of death or being mangled to do it. I guess it really does bring the question to mind, what would you risk to be with your SO? I have to put myself in the I don't know realm. I hate to fly and I am still terrified every flight but yet I do it so who knows, maybe I would and maybe I would chicken out. I can't see him if I dead either.
    Yes, I would do it without a second thought.
    30.00%
    No, I would not wish to take the risk.
    20.00%
    I really don't know if I would do that.
    40.00%
    I don't care to think about that.
    10.00%
    Last edited by Hollandia; May 11, 2013, 10:48 AM.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Here and now, no. I wouldn't want to be one of the first to try it, anyway I'd rather wait a bit longer to see my SO than risk a transporter accident! I do think a lot of the technology imagined in science fiction will become reality in future though. After all, that's what has happened with many things which have already been invented

Comment

lol! we keep hoping on a portal or such but yeah if the risk where that high i wouldnt do it..

Comment

No.... I'm scared it wouldnt put me back together properly.

Comment

Only if there would be no way for me to take the plane in the following years... Health is important!

P.S. The Philadelphia Experiment

Comment

Working...
          X