Email and text as only means of communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email and text as only means of communication

How many only use email & texting as your only form of communication? My SO is not very tech savvy so we only use email & texting as our only form of communication. It's hard not to see his face to see what he looks like now but he's use to surprising me, that's how our relationship was prior so I'm used to it. I was just wondering if any of you only text & email each other & how you handle it?

B and I started out like that for the first 6 months. Then, we both got webcams and Skype, which opened up a whole new wonderful world for us. To be able to SEE each other and talk for long periods of time -- what heavenly bliss that is!
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

My Husband and I were like that for the first 2 years of knowing each other. At the time as it was the only method we handled it pretty well, you can't miss what you've never had kinda thing. We used to send alot of pictures and songs and stuff and make arrangements to be online and spend time together. It was only when we started to take the relationship more seriously that we started calling each other and video calling and such.
      Theres plenty to do online to have fun and enjoy quality time without the need for camera's and voices.
      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Since we both have free time on our hands this summer that wont be much of the case... But once college will start for me I think emails and text messages have a very high chance of becoming our main form of communication if I am to both go to college and work while in Denmark. I'm a bit frustrated by the idea, since I'm used to seeing his face almost daily, but I think that for me, as long as I know the relationship isn't being affected due to the transition, I'll be fine. As long as we're both busy and satisfied with what's going on and not allowing it to get to us, then things should be fine.

Comment

We don't even text, from what I understand international texting can get expensive and he doesn't have a smartphone for us to use any of the apps to make that easier - and we rarely email, unless it's something we can't share via instant messaging. I've never even heard his voice, nor he mine. Hmm. <shrug>

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Right now, my SO's and I's only form of communication is through texting, and it can get tiring as texts aren't that reliable and there's a letter limit per text. His laptop is broke too, and he doesn't have any emails. So far we've been okey with it, I've been trying to get him to open up a little bit more about using different websites but to each their own I guess. I still love him anyhow I'm trying hard not to get frustrated with it, personally.

Edit: I just realized how my last sentence sounded, lol. It's hard to not get frustrated with just a few short "hey wyd" texting; but sometimes it IS convenient when we're busy

Comment

I'm in this party. I wish we could Skype, but the time difference and our schedules make it difficult.

Comment

I'm in this party. I wish we could Skype, but the time difference and our schedules make it difficult.
                Even so, you could still send each other video messages through Skype or Eyejot. It is not difficult, and download and use is simple and free.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  Even so, you could still send each other video messages through Skype or Eyejot. It is not difficult, and download and use is simple and free.
                  Huh, that's a good idea! Is there a fee?

Comment

We only text and call and send pictures, never video chatted or emailed or anything. However the other guy in my life we've only ever emailed, so I've never heard his voice.

Comment

To my knowledge, there isn't . But I could be wrong.

Comment

No, Skype videos are totally free, and Eyejot only charges for the pro version that you really don't need. I did it to sing to my SO and he really loved it! In Skype you leave the video message there as a bit of conversation information (it comes out as a little box). In Eyejot, you send the video to your SO's e-mail (you may give yourself a copy if you like).
                        Last edited by differentcountries; December 4, 2013, 11:58 PM.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I am in this category When my bf moved last year, he could not afford a telephone or an Internet connection. I have to rely on emails from univ (when he goes there). I miss his lovely voice. We used to do instant messaging, but not since he moved. I would like to Skype (I used to do that at my second-to-last job with workmates) but I have dialup so it won't work for me.

It is comforting to know I am not the only one. What is more difficult to deal with are the nasty comments I get from people here, passing judgement about someone they do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by rwarren View Post
                            What is more difficult to deal with are the nasty comments I get from people here, passing judgement about someone they do not know.
                            HUH???!
                            February 2012 -- met online
                            August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                            April 2013 -- met in person
                            June 2013 -- broke up
                            July 2013 -- back together
                            August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                            October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                            April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

"here" = in Montreal

Comment

Working...
                              X