Should I start a blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I start a blog?

Hey all, since my SO and I just entered LD again, I was thinking about starting a blog about my feelings and what I'm going through.

I had started a tumblr a few months ago but I just don't care for it much.

For those of you who have blogs, how did you go about starting it?
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

I (we) have a tumblr, and we started it by doing this 30-day LDR challenge that basically has you answer a question a day. I thought it was a nice way to start the blog so that we'd have actual content. Occasionally I will reblog things from other LDR blogs (pictures that we can relate to, helpful things/commentary, etc.) and other times I'll write about recent events, our feelings, post some pics from our last trip or skype, etc. We're not like super popular, but I like that we have a space where we can talk about us, our relationship, and our challenges.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I was pretty good about keeping up with my tumblr, and I enjoyed it for a while. I don't know, maybe I need to learn how to customize it better.

Yea I think I'll try to get back into tumblr. I'll try to post more regularly this time.

Thanks!
      sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

If you just want to get things off your chest, there's a blogging function on this forum too
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
          If you just want to get things off your chest, there's a blogging function on this forum too
          This is true, I'll have to keep that in mind. I'm kinda new to blogging and stuff so I'm not really sure what I'm aiming for yet if that makes sense. I'm giving tumblr another go, we'll see how that goes I guess lol.
          sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I use the blog here all the time...it's basically a way for me to get out the negative side of the LDR without complaining to him all the time. Complaining to him just made things tense and worse.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
              I use the blog here all the time...it's basically a way for me to get out the negative side of the LDR without complaining to him all the time. Complaining to him just made things tense and worse.
              That's kinda one of the reasons I stopped posting on tumblr, because it is helpful to complain about things on the internet instead of him because you're right it does put a strain on things, especially if it's just petty frustrations. He's a busy guy, I always regret complaining to him. But I stopped posting because he knows I have a tumblr and I didn't want him to see just posts about me complaining and stuff like that. Maybe I can use the blog here to complain, and tumblr to do my noncomplaining lol.

Thanks for the suggestion!
              sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I just recently started a blog, and although I don't keep up with it as much as I'd like to, it really helps me to talk things out with myself and figure out my emotions. I wish I had started it when we first went long distance over 3 years ago, but you live and learn! I think it's a great idea. I do it mainly for myself, and if I happen to help any other LDR couples out there then that's great!

Comment

Originally posted by rach92g View Post
                  I just recently started a blog, and although I don't keep up with it as much as I'd like to, it really helps me to talk things out with myself and figure out my emotions. I wish I had started it when we first went long distance over 3 years ago, but you live and learn! I think it's a great idea. I do it mainly for myself, and if I happen to help any other LDR couples out there then that's great!
                  That's what I would like to do with mine if I decide to start my own - write about my own life, which involves a number of different things besides just being in a LDR. A lot of the most helpful information I've found has been from blogs.
                  sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Originally posted by ushiwakafox View Post
                    That's what I would like to do with mine if I decide to start my own - write about my own life, which involves a number of different things besides just being in a LDR. A lot of the most helpful information I've found has been from blogs.
                    Right! I also incorporate my life as a college student, and working at a daycare, along with being a pilot's girlfriend. My main basis is LDR, but I write about everything that makes our relationship what it is, not just the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by rach92g View Post
                      Right! I also incorporate my life as a college student, and working at a daycare, along with being a pilot's girlfriend. My main basis is LDR, but I write about everything that makes our relationship what it is, not just the distance.
                      That's probably what I'll end up doing - write mostly about being a milSO, but because that's not the only important part of my life, also writing about college stuff, wedding planning, etc. Maybe I'll set it up next week when school is out when I'll have nothing to do lol
                      sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...