Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Netflix Together when you're apart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Netflix Together when you're apart!

Hi Everyone!

My new wife and I have to live apart for a while because of our careers so I've been looking for ways to stay as close as possible for this time.

After trying the whole Skype movie date, I decided that there has to be an easier way. I'm working on a tool that would let us (and you) watch Netflix together! It takes care of keeping the video sync'ed up while letting you talk back and forth through text on top of the video even while it's fullscreen. The first version has already made our movie dates much better, so I wanted to share it with everyone else tired of trying this over skype, etc.

If you think this is something you'd use, shoot your e-mail into groupwatch[dot]kickoffpages[dot]com, and I'll let you know when it's less buggy! (it'll be free!)
    Last edited by missingmywife; October 23, 2013, 10:03 PM.

I'm interested in helping work on the beta version I am in college majoring in computer science. I have done web development with html some java script and am a fantastic pm. If anything my SO and I would be fantastic Beta testers and would understand "not to look the bugs directly in the face." Needless to say I love your idea and am excited to see it grow into a reality.

Comment

That's awesome! Right now, it's working on Chromebooks only. This is just because Netflix has switched over to HTML5 on Chromebooks. Whenever they make the change to HTML5 in all browsers is when we'll really be able to get this out there.

Right now, testers need Chromebooks

Comment

Working...
      X