Talk apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk apps?

My SO and I are both in the states, in the same time zone, and have phone plans (with different providers). My phone plan is much more limited than his is, however. Mine is also shared at only 550 minutes a month between two people. I tried Viber, but it didn't work for us . We both have iPhones. Are there any talk apps where the other person doesn't have to have the app as well? Or if there aren't, what talk apps does everyone else use? Cuz Viber was a bust . I wish Google talk had an app, but alas.

My SO and I use 'Couple'. It's wonderful - you can store photos, videos, and make lists together. Great for LDR's!

Comment

Oh my bad! My SO and I use Couple as well . I was referring more to apps you can make actual phone calls with, without having to run your minutes. Sorry if I wasn't clear!

Comment

I use "talkatone" to call my SO when he is out and doesn't have WiFi or 3G. This app is for making free calls to US and CANADA numbers. So it can be best for you.

Comment

We use "Tango" which is pretty cool. I think this works with almost every smartphone. It's basically like Viber. You can send message, talk and even play games together while on the phone. The only thing that is a bit wonky at times is the connection. I'm not sure if it's the app though or the connection where my SO is.

Comment

Thanks guys! Talkatone worked well for me .

Comment

Not sure how it compares to other services, but I have this Japanese application called 'LINE'. I use it to keep in touch with all my Japanese friends. I like the messaging interface (and the way it looks in general) and it's very cute. I think you can make free calls over wifi

Comment

Working...
              X