Skype tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype tip

I love Skype. It's really a wonderful invention. However, my internet connection/computer/something (I'm not quite sure what) does not allow for good Skype on my computer. It keeps freezing, and cutting in and out, intolerable things like that. There would be no audio or inaudible audio on one person's end. Really quite annoying. Anyway, I have a smartphone and downloaded the Skype app. I tried it with my SO one night. AMAZING video quality, no freezing (unlike my faithful laptop), good audio, such and such. It works great on 4g.
    To make it work, I have to disconnect from my home's wifi. Now, the app REALLY depletes my phone battery, as in, I have to hook it to a charger whenever I'm going to use the app, which doesn't bother me at all. It also uses a lot of data, so I would reccomend having an internet connection to connect to your phone when not using the app.
    I know that computers work just fine for the majority, and I would guess that a fair share of people maybe figured this out already, but I thought I'd share in case this helps someone else in an LDR.

For some reason this is true for me too. If the internet connection is too patchy on my laptop, using my phone app works great, provided I don't try to use video with it.
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

My skype app works fine when it's connected to my wifi. I love it though, the video quality is SO much better than my laptop

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X