FaceTime technical difficulty.....Grrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FaceTime technical difficulty.....Grrrrrrrrr

Does anyone else have problems with FaceTime working? Ive used it successfully in the past...probably a year ago. Now my new BF lives in Africa, and he says he's had no problems, but I cannot get mine to connect...not even to co-workers standing next to me.

I've updated my OS (iphone4, iPad2), updated FaceTime, used wifi, used cellular. NOTHING allows me to connect. It just rings and then says "connection failed". I'm so frustrated. i just want to TALK instead of texting my boyfriend for 6 months.

I have the same exact problem with FaceTime and I have no idea why! I have updated my phone but my SO has not..and it says you can't FaceTime unless both phones have been updated, but everyone else I know has done the update and it STILL won't work. Is your SO's phone updated as well? And is the WiFi connection strong enough? I have no idea what else the issue could be. I've pretty much given up on FaceTime!

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrr. You were supposed to give me this magical answer! (huge grin).

Teasing.

I will check with him. But I think it's me, everyone else has newer phones and iOS. It very well could be my bandwidth. I'm using my neighbors internet signal (with permission and password, I can't afford my own service at $50/mo). But I have a full signal.

Comment

My mom was having this problem, but it was because she didn't do the update. As soon as she updated, it worked fine. Make sure both of you are up-to-date on the software.

Comment

We just upateded everything...all devices. No Bueno.

Comment

well, I tried to post a link to an apple facetime fix, but apparently I'm too "new" to post helpful and informative links. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might rethink my membership here. I'm very, VERY over over-controlling forums.

Comment

Crappy day at work, and 5 failed FT attempted to a co worker. I just want to hear my BF's voice, not months of texts and emails.

Very frustrated and disappointed with all things technical at the moment.
              Anyway, I found a link to a fix that I think may work...no one up now to try it on, I will report back later and maybe if it works, you can email me for the link.

Comment

This happened to me, too. It's very frustrating. We just gave up and used Skype.

Comment

If you can't get FaceTime to work, I can recommend Tango. It's very similar and works most of the time for us.

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
                    If you can't get FaceTime to work, I can recommend Tango. It's very similar and works most of the time for us.
                    You have your own African, too! (((((hugs)))))
                    Well, mine's a white South African, but still...same big, beautiful continent with wonderful, wonderful people.

and for the techy stufff..
                    Is Skype free? Ive only used it for IM'ing. And I see where you can pay for minutes...so I'm kinda confused. I thought it was a free service.

Tango....I'm going to look into that. Free??

The more I research FaceTime, seems alot of people are having issues with it.

Comment

Skype is free, as long as you don't download the Pro version of it or whatever. Also it's a lot easier to use than FaceTime! Although if internet connection isn't so great on both sides, the video quality can be crap sometimes

Comment

Working...
                      X