Broke my phone :O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broke my phone :O

I guess I'm not really asking anything here, but it's a kinda fun story, because...
    I broke my phone yesterday :O

It has been temperamental for a while. I bought it used like a year ago, a Samsung Galaxy S3. I've suffered a bad battery and severe screen burn-in and for the last week, it's been a nightmare to charge. I think the charging port was giving up. Had planned to convert it to wireless charging but since it fell behind the desk when I was trying futively to get the charging port in the right position to charge, the screen has been permanently black. No cracks in the main screen but the actual display has multiple cracks in it and nothing shows even when I hear it making noises and know it's turned on.

At first I was devastated. Not because I lost much. I have most things backed up on places so I didn't worry about losing much data (apart from a large collection of sexy pictures I had locked away in an app. I wasn't sure if they were stored on the external SD card or some internal storage but lyckily it was on the SD card and they're all safe). No, it wasn't because I lost any data.It was because I depend on it so much to keep in contact with my SO.

We basically have a Skype call running 24/7, and it's on this phone I've had it on my end. I've been having it in a dock on my desk while I sit and work on the computer and propped up against some books on my bedside table at night as well as carrying it around the house when I know I'm goinf to be gone from the computer for a longer time, like doing dishes or something. I don't have a good microphone setup by my computer and no cam. I have a music recording setup but that's too cumbersome to use for a skype call regularly. The phone was a perfect Skype machine and now I could only chat.

But everything turned out well in the end after all.

As mentioned before, I got everything out of the phone that I needed and my stepmum had an old Samsung Galaxy Mini I can use. It's ancient and I can only have like five apps installed at the same time but it works. Lacks front cam so still can't cam but I do have voice call through Skype.

In addition, my sister has promised me her old iPhone 4, since she got a new phone Ironically it's a Samsung Galaxy S3, the same phone I broke. so I gave her my back covers I had for my phone as I won't be needing them anymore as well as the extra powerful battery I bought when the battery that came with it became too worn out. In return she will give me the iPhone.

I'll use both the Galaxy Mini and the iPhone though, because I refuse to associate my phone number with the iPhone, and it's not even a principle thing. I'm not very fond of Apple, but there's a bug in the iMessage system that retains messages sent from iPhones because it can't find the iPhone to send the message to if you used iMessage before so the messages won't arrive in your new phone. And since this iPhone is only a temporary solution I don't want to get into any problems when I switch to another device in teh future.

I don't know yet which device will play what role in the future but I'll get the iPhone on Thursday and in the meantime I can skype with my SO on the Galaxy Mini so I'm okay.

Also, my SO wanted me to mention that I'm always breaking things, and she's right. I do. I like her suggestion of bubbleewrapping out future house to protect it from me. She has good ideas.

TL;DR
    My phone broke but because I have a nice family I'm okay again.

Why was this a forum post and not a blog?

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
      Why was this a forum post and not a blog?
      That's a good question actually. I didn't even think about the fact that we have blogs on here xD I'm never in that section :P Maybe I should move it to a blog instead... I can do that if you guys think I should.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspirement View Post
        I refuse to associate my phone number with the iPhone, and it's not even a principle thing. I'm not very fond of Apple, but there's a bug in the iMessage system that retains messages sent from iPhones because it can't find the iPhone to send the message to if you used iMessage before so the messages won't arrive in your new phone.
        I hate Apple. For this very reason lol They're super jerks.
        "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Working...
        X