IP Address blocked?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Address blocked?!

Hi all, I tried opening the forum using my laptop as usual, which is connected by LAN cable to the network of my student dorm. I received a white screen with this text: "Access denied. Your IP address (xxxxmyipadress) is blacklisted. If you feel this is in error please contact your hosting providers abuse department." That's what it writes, and yes it says "providers" instead of "provider's" or "providers' ". Is this a fault on the behalf of my dorm's Internet provider or did I do something wrong I didn't realize and got my IP address blocked by the admin? Please help, I miss the forum

I'm writing this on my phone through a 4G connection, that has a different IP address than the dorm one.

Your college may have blocked you from accessing it.

Comment

I haven't banned your account or IP address. Please PM me or email me at info@lovingfromadistance.com and let me know what your dorm IP address is and I can see if it was ever associated with another account that I banned. A screenshot of the error page would be helpful as well.
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

The issue seems to resolve itself after a day or two! Sorry about it. I hope it won't reoccur, but if it ever does, I will PM you about it. Thank you!

Comment

Try using a VPN next time it occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by thehappyhope View Post
            The issue seems to resolve itself after a day or two! Sorry about it. I hope it won't reoccur, but if it ever does, I will PM you about it. Thank you!
            Short version,
            If I'm not wrong, this happens when the network sort of errors out. Specific wifi router versions + usually Windows. Specially since it fixed itself, it's no one or nothing blocking you specifically, just a faulty set up and how wifi connections work + bad timing.

Longer version,
            Every person who connects to an wifi network has an internal IP address only valid within that wifi network, that IP address frees up and gets updated, usually every 24-48 hours. This is done so that the problem you mentioned doesn't happen and IP addresses are freed when not used so that someone else can use it (think like coffee shops its a stop and go) So what I think happened is someone else logged into the Wifi and got a new IP address that was matched with the one you had the last time you were on the network. So when you got back to the network the wifi router went nuts because now there are two computers saying they should be getting this specific IP address which is impossible, so it blocks the one that came afterwards from getting the IP address. When it got fixed for you, the timer on your IP address was up so you automatically got a new IP address and things were happy once again in happy dorm land.

If it happens again, you can wait and let it fix itself, or setup an IP address manually (more complicated).

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X