Rabbit streaming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabbit streaming!

Hey, so I wanted to share my discovery with everyone!

There's this website called "rabbit" (https://rabb.it) that allows you to create a private chatroom where you can stream netflix, hulu, youtube, etc. It asks to use your webcam and mic, but it doesn't actually use them for streaming purposes; the screen is actually IN the chat, meaning you can use your webcam and mic to actually talk to other people in the chatroom. This also means you can do things in another window or whatever, and it won't interrupt what other people are seeing.
    You can lock the chat as well if you're worried about random other strangers joining, but they shouldn't be able to unless they have a link. You can also kick people out just in case. All you need to do is give them a name and an email, and it'll ask you to create a username so you can log in and use your chatroom as often as you like. You are the only one who can control what goes on in your chatroom, btw.

I just tried it out with my s/o today, and it works really well. We watched a few things on netflix, and ventured around youtube and stuff. You can have your webcam/mic going in both skype and rabbit, and it doesn't impact the quality.

You can go to other websites in your little chat screen, too. For instance, I made my s/o look at adorable puppies on google. You just can't share what's going on on your actual screen.
    But yeah, it's definitely worth a shot! I've included a screen shot so you can get an idea of what it's like.

That's hella nifty, thanks for sharing!

If you want something more minimalistic, I can also recommend Cytube: https://cytu.be/

It lets you create a room with a simple chat and embedding features for Youtube and the likes. If you prefer things simple, it's a good option. I use it a lot to watch stuff with my SO.

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
    X