Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating an LDR app

Hello fellow long distancers,

I'm a designer living in San Francisco. My GF and I met locally when she was finishing up college and had planned to teach English in Vietnam, where she is now and has been since November. Being a designer in the bay, I've been taking a class on app design and the final project is to create an app of your choice. I thought this would be a great opportunity to design an LDR focused app.

That being said, I'd like to ask all of you what would make things easier for a couple participating in an LDR (aside from flying to see each other in person ). For me, knowing the time difference at all times, weather, cheap flights, and being able to send and receive texts, voice and video over wifi would be good starting points.

Any interesting thoughts from you? I'd love to hear some fun ideas... nothing is too farfetched or out there

There are tons of apps out there already that do those things... just to name a few of the popular ones... Couple (Formerly "Pair"), Between, Avocado, LoveByte, Loving, Bondify, Togethr, Couplete, and several others. I'd say pick a different idea as there's already a huge range of apps for couples that cover all of the things you mentioned, and more.

Comment

It might be neat to do something that couples can do together. For instance, on our second date my SO and i colored mandalas. I remember that couple had a section where one person could draw and send it to the other... but if an app had a mandala on it that both parties could color at the same time or alternate, then that might be a neat activity. A shared fitness tracker or steps walked competition in app might be neat, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
        There are tons of apps out there already that do those things... just to name a few of the popular ones... Couple (Formerly "Pair"), Between, Avocado, LoveByte, Loving, Bondify, Togethr, Couplete, and several others. I'd say pick a different idea as there's already a huge range of apps for couples that cover all of the things you mentioned, and more.
        Well its not so much I'm looking for the next big thing. It's more for my practice and fun and if something comes out of it great.

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
        It might be neat to do something that couples can do together. For instance, on our second date my SO and i colored mandalas. I remember that couple had a section where one person could draw and send it to the other... but if an app had a mandala on it that both parties could color at the same time or alternate, then that might be a neat activity. A shared fitness tracker or steps walked competition in app might be neat, too.
        These are awesome suggestions! Something engaging/interactive would be great.

Comment

Working...
        X