International Phonecards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Phonecards

Im curious about the international phone cards you can buy...Does anyone know what this exactly is?
    I mean you have a sim-card in your phone which you use for everyday. But if you have a bf/gf in another country on another continent then its getting pretty expensive texting through the day and calling for hours at weekends.

Can I switch my sim-card with the international phone-card or so??
    I am sorry but I have o clue as you see

The phone cards I've used basically just look like a credit card. On them, there is a number you dial then you put in the number on your card. Depending on how many minutes you bought (100 min, 200 min, etc) that's how long you can use it. It will tell you "You have ___ minutes and ____ seconds left on the card". Then you put in the international number you're dialing to and instead of charging the phone, it charges against the card. Also, the cards I have used have been quite country specific. Like Costa Rica to USA ONLY. Or Panama to USA ONLY. Or USA to Mexico ONLY.

Comment

Oh ok...thank you! I will have a look at the phone shop!

Comment

I boght an other cell phone with a special SIM Card for phoning him.
        As I told him about my two cell phones he sayd:" Two cell phones? You are a queen:

Comment

The only thing that I would caution you on is make sure that your SO doesn't have to pay for incoming international calls. I know that my boyfriend's phone plan and actually everyone's in China is pay as you go, and so for me to call his phone in China even if I call with a calling card he still has to pay by the minute for receiving an international phone call.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

I don't know if this will be much of a help, but can either of you get the app on your phone called "Textplus"? Only one of you needs the app and it makes it so neither of you get charged for international texting. Personally, I love it! Here's the link if you want more info.

https://www.textplus.com/

Comment

Be careful about where you are using the phone card, though. Check your plan..
              For instance, I can use my calling card from my home phone because I don't have a limited number of minutes.
              BUT, since my SO is not an at&t customer, when I call him from my cell phone it is free but it uses my minutes unless I call on nights and weekends. So basically it is using up all my minutes AND using up all the minutes on my calling card. Sucks D:

Comment

Originally posted by xo_Kayla View Post
                I don't know if this will be much of a help, but can either of you get the app on your phone called "Textplus"? Only one of you needs the app and it makes it so neither of you get charged for international texting. Personally, I love it! Here's the link if you want more info.

https://www.textplus.com/
                does this work also to send to an regular phone? So if I download it and use it on my iPhone, I can send texts to a regular phone?

*Edit* I can't download it since it's not available for users in Belgium

Comment

I'm actually done with all that phone card biz. I use to buy phone cards all the time to call my SO up in the Philippines. They just got too expensive for only an hour of talk. I spent $10 for an hour of talk.

If your SO lives in an area that involves "load" which is basically like a pay as you go, you should find a website that allows you to reload their cellphone for them. I actually found a website that allows me to send "load" to my SO, so she calls me instead. I paid about $13 US to get her 500Pesos in load, which is equivalent to 250 minutes of talk time. Saves me money, and gives us more time to talk.

Comment

Working...
                  X