Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchtube

Hey.

I was wondering if anyone has tried Synchtube before. Apparently, it allows you to synchronise Youtube videos with up to 50 friends at a time and also has an integrated chat. Here is the link: https://www.synchtube.com/

My SO and I were very excited to discover this service, as we have been watching a Japanese series for a few weeks now on Youtube. We have found it kind of frustrating to have to guess about buffering, finding the link to the next part of the episode, counting down and trying to synchronise it ourselves, etc. so this seemed perfect. We tried it last night and it didn't work! Alas! We think the problem is that he made the room in advance a few days before and that it didn't recognize him as the person who made the room but, rather, an invitee (so, there was no one to lead off when to start the video). We're going to try again next time we watch and it will be awesome if it does work!

Edit: Tried it tonight and it worked! You need to set a leader, or it gets confused. Also, make sure to mark your room as private, or you will get randoms joining in. Having the next parts of the video/ the next videos you want to watch all queued up in the playlist also really helped with buffering time, etc.

oh woow! that's soooo cool! i'll definitely have to try this out with my SO thanks for sharing this link!

Comment

I've never seen that before, but that is really nifty!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Thanks for sharing, my SO and I are always trying to find new things to do together when we are apart

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Oh that's so awesome! My boyfriend and I love Youtube so this could be very awesome for us! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Very cool! Thanks for sharing...
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

YES! Thank you so much. Skype doesn't let you watch Youtube on screen share anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by samglam209 View Post
                YES! Thank you so much. Skype doesn't let you watch Youtube on screen share anymore.
                When we watch videos, we use Always On Top Maker and pop out the Skype video box (and make that one the one that is always on top). That way, we can still have the video large, as well as see each other (if I have downloaded something, setting the video to the entire screen works just fine...but with Youtube, I have to be careful to pop that video out, too, and then maximize it, rather than going to full screen for the always on top thing to work). Have you tried Always on Top Maker? It's simple and free and I haven't found it to cause any problems on my computer.

Comment

Awesome to know about, thank you! I'll look forward to trying it!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I'll have to mention this to him and hope he can get his internet sorted out (it's kinda slow right now ). We used to use the Youtube share plugin on Yahoo messenger, but it's kinda buggy. We tried looking for an alternative, but couldn't find one, so we've just being saying, "Go" lol

Comment

Working...
                    X