Record your voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Record your voice

So, I read somewhere that you can record your voice or make a video and send it just like an email.
    I am really not good in computers so I have no idea
    Where can I do this, I mean which site? I saw theres a site called oovoo but I dont know...
    How much does it cost to send voice mails?

Thank you for your reply, I would really appreciate it!!

Well, you can use mailVU to record a video of yourself and send it to your SO. For free.

Every Windows computer also has an audio recorder where you can record your voice, save the file and send it to your SO via email.

Comment

Thanks NaNi :-)

Comment

For voice recording I use the program Audacity, which is free. You can save the file as various file types, even record with other files so like if you wanted to get the instrumental to a song you could record your voice with it. As for videos, as far as I know most webcams come with software that allow you to record videos, but there's tons of sites and downloadable programs out there that let you do the same thing and can sometimes be better quality.

Comment

I have hundreds of clips and videop of Andy and vice versa... We just used our phones/cameras to record short video messages and then transferred them to a computer, compressed with WinZip or WInRar and emailed it. It's all free.

Also we used Humyo (an online free storage serer) to upload videos if the other one wasn't online so that we could download them whenever we got the chance.

Comment

I also second the use of Audacity. Although my experience with the Mac version of it hasn't been that good, it just kept crashing and crashing and I gave up, but I used the PC version to record guitar playing and send the mp3 to Garnet.

Comment

My SO sent me some voice messages from his phone to Facebook inbox. What I want to know is how can I reply with my own voice message from my laptop? Not sure if my phone will do it.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

The easier way to do it, is over Skype. If you want good quality, audicity is better but unless you are making a demo i would not bother. There is also this program that sends the recording to your e-mail, i dont remember the name. And you can do voice recording in the Viber phone app.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Well, I figured out how to record audio files on my laptop, now just have to figure out where the files go when I save them. Windows 8 is so confusing sometimes. I miss the old search with the cute puppy on XP.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Oh god I hate win 8 You can just start typing the name of the file on the stat page with all the tiles, it will give you the search I think.

Comment

Couple things about Audacity:

My older sister and I swear by it. She uses it to record her voice too but for other reasons. Her husband has an intense job where he's on the road all the time but he comes home every night so it's not like she has to miss him for long periods of time. But sometimes while he's on the road he likes to listen to audio books. But she thought of an idea where she can read the book out loud and record it, and burn it to a CD for him. Now he listens to his own personalized audio book. (:

I have the Mac version of Audacity and love it. I have used it to cut several tracks in music, and put it to slideshows. It's amazing!

Comment

Working...
                      X