New phone- I've given up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New phone- I've given up!

My SO brought this fancy phone with him he was planning on using in the states. Well it's a verizon smart phone so it would cost a lot to activate it. Instead, he wanted me to use it. I got my service switched to it yesterday and it is so damn complicated I actually had to read the manual to figure out how to make a phone call. WTF. It's touch screen, which I suck at using. It takes me forever and a day to write a text message now. I'm so frustrated using it I just stopped calling and texting people back. I want to switch back to my simple phone, but also don't want to hurt his feelings...

I feel like a freaking grandma using this phone!

Wow that does sound complicated! Take a deep breath and read through the manual properly and work your way up from there. Smartp hones aren't just phones anymore so you have to treat it like a computer.

Sniff around the menu's and applications to see what's in there. Also I'm sure there are options somewhere to change the appearance to a more simple view. You'll get the hang of it, don't give up just yet!

Comment

Just play with it, i find thats the best way to figure out how anything works. I suck with technology something fierce, i've had my phone a year and i only just worked out that when i turn it sideways the screen switches lol
      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I love touchscreen phone..:-P once you are use with it, you can type faster..:-D its fun..Just play with it..you will figure it out..:-D

Comment

Yes, just keep playing around with it!

I switched to a touchscreen phone a few months ago and I didn't regret it.

Although there are quite a lot of people that just simply dislike such phones.

Comment

I dislike touch screen phones, so I got a blackberry with a full keypad. That still took me awhile to get used to but eventually I did. Figure out the basics of phone calls and texting first, then start exploring the phone when you have the time to slowly get used to using it.

Comment

Definitely give it some more time to adjust! I HATED my droid when I got it but now I can operate it with no issues. I still prefer my blackberry and the full qwerty keyboard that way, but the touch screen really does have its perks (pinching to zoom and minimize) so just be patient!

Comment

That's why I got the Blackberry torch. It's still touch screen, but has the physical keyboard which makes me veerryy happy.

Just hang in there! If you play with it enough, you'll figure it out. And if not, just... kindly tell him? Or accidentally lose it. (I'm joking.)

Comment

@lucybelle: ooc, do you know the name of the phone? I'd say the best thing to do is to just keep playing with it and over time you'll get more comfortable with it. If you know the name of the phone, I may be able to help you figure out some things.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I swore off touchscreen phones after using one for 3 years. Back to my basic adorable little flip phone because I'm old fashioned like that. :'D

Anyway, I mess with my SO's phone all the time, and my dad has a blackberry, which I'm surprised he even figured out how to use! So like everyone's been saying, it takes time to get used to. Depending on your touchscreen phone, the way you make contact with the screen also matters, so once you figure that out everything will be significantly easier! Don't be too afraid of messing around with it either! That's the best way to learn.

Comment

I have a Motorola Atrix which is like the Verizon smartphone. Just try to get a feel for the icons and if it has Swype as a texting feature, I would use it. It is a lot quicker. Just keep trying, you'll get it!

Comment

Working...
                      X