Suggestions for Budgeting Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Budgeting Tools

I was wondering if anyone had some links to share for simple budgeting tools (e.g. when I did my student loan, there was a page where I could input things like housing costs, entertainment, etc.) that work well.

In about a month, I will go to visit my SO and although he has paid for the ticket, I will need to have some spending money, money for food, emergency money, etc. (plus, whatever I pay before for getting my hair done, checking bags, stuff to do on the plane, etc.). Of course, I could try to make some estimates myself, but tools make budgeting a little more fun, can help you compute different estimates more quickly, and may also remind you of some things you forgot to include in your budget.

Specific to LDRs, I think budgeting tools for trips and also for closing the distance would be most helpful.

www.mint.com

helps you balance your finances, and will tell you where to save. You can also "plan trips" and stuff, and it will tell you how much money you need to save per month to get to your goal. Its kind of neat!

Comment

OMG! Love this website. I was a bit wary at first because we need to provide access to our bank account. But when you said that you could plan trips and it would tell us how much money we need to save, I HAD to check it out.

Even if you aren't planning a trip and are trying to save on anything else, everyone should check it out.

Comment

OMG! Love this website. I was a bit wary at first because we need to provide access to our bank account. But when you said that you could plan trips and it would tell us how much money we need to save, I HAD to check it out.

Even if you aren't planning a trip and are trying to save on anything else, everyone should check it out.

Comment

Idk about you but my bank now has online banking..and they have a service on there that shows me where my money goes in pie chart form, how much I've been spending vs how much I have incoming and I can set limits on how much to spend on what area (ex: dining, entertainment, health, etc) and I get a txt message if I go over that set amount. I also get a txt if my checking account goes below a certain level too.

Comment

This website is great... I've been using it for about a year... I saw it on tv and I also read about it in Forbes and money magazine... they are reputable. They also help me to keep track of my credit cards and other bills. And help me to save for trips and other goals.
            Originally posted by OliveOyl View Post
            www.mint.com

helps you balance your finances, and will tell you where to save. You can also "plan trips" and stuff, and it will tell you how much money you need to save per month to get to your goal. Its kind of neat!

Comment

I also looooove using Mint. But now, since I am operating solely with cash, I use a budgeting worksheet in excel. There are a few really great templates on Budgets Are Sexy . I use the "“Free Budget Spreadsheet” @ Money Under 30" and it works really well for me although I had to adjust the excel formulas a bit.

Comment

Working...
              X