Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use the Droid X for mobile skype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use the Droid X for mobile skype?

My phone contract is almost up and I trying to convince my SO that we should get droids for mobile skype and other cool features, but its a big financial commitment, seeing as a I don't have a data package right now my monthly bill would double, any thoughts?

Droid X. I like it a ton!

Of course, now that verizon has the iphone... people still say those are the best.

I totally think the Droid X is awesome. Great phone, good sound and stuff.
    Maybe you should buy the iPods with facetime? There is no subscription cost there, and you can get the skype mobile app too, i think.
    How much do you think you will use mobile skype? I mean, I thought I would use a lot of apps when I got my droid, but I find that I get them, use them for a while, then stop. Maybe you are different. If you are positive you will use the skype app and stuff, then maybe it is a good choice. But again, look into the ipod too.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, yeah I learned that droid doesn't have video chat which is what I really want so might have to go with ipod

Comment

I love my droid and it's been a life saver since I live in the city and getting lost is easy I choose to use SocialEyes though instead of skype though theres nothing to download and it's connected to my Facebook so uber convenient The sound isn't delayed and awesome picture. The droid is a large investment but worth it. Good luck.

Comment

My SO ani both have droid x. We love them. Only problem with skype is that the X does not have front facing camera..so if you want to be able to see each other you have to turn the phone around I think. Which is why we haven't really used it. But we exchange pics a lot and the 8 megapixel camera is great.

Comment

there are other verizon droids with front facing cameras now

Comment

Working...
            X