Skype echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype echo

Recently we have chosen skype to talk over other messenger which i like alot, however the only problem is the annoying echo i keep getting on my end!! She doesnt hear it on her end but i hear it alot along with feedback constantly and hearing myself talk as well, and yes we are both using mic headsets, help anyone?

I experience feedback on there all the time, but that's only when we're using the laptops built in mic and speakers and it usually goes away when one of us plugs in a pair of headphones.

Have you tried just one of you using a headset? Maybe that will make a difference, I'm not sure?
    Also, there's a page to adjust the sound settings on there, like the speaker noise and microphone volume. I've found that when the mister and I both fiddle with those it can make a big difference.

Comment

We have the same problem, he often hears himself, and i often hear weird noises...it is really annoying but so far we havent found a solution keep me posted if you do find one!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesonaboat View Post
        I experience feedback on there all the time, but that's only when we're using the laptops built in mic and speakers and it usually goes away when one of us plugs in a pair of headphones.

Have you tried just one of you using a headset? Maybe that will make a difference, I'm not sure?
        Also, there's a page to adjust the sound settings on there, like the speaker noise and microphone volume. I've found that when the mister and I both fiddle with those it can make a big difference.
        I agree with this. As we experienced, we only get echoes when we're using speakers. So we use headsets instead. Or if we stick to speakers, we try to keep the volume down because we noticed that we usually get the echoes when the speakers are loud.
        "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
        a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
        which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
        - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
        regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
        The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
        - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

we do use headsets though :/ i'll try adjusting though

Comment

That happens to us too sometimes. We usually turn the volume down then and it's no problem anymore. Well, most of the time anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
              we do use headsets though :/ i'll try adjusting though
              Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't reading it well. ^^"
              But yeah, try adjusting the volume. It might help.
              "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue,
              a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them
              which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
              - Rainer Maria Rilke

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
              regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
              The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
              - an ancient Chinese belief

Comment

You should try SocialEyes it's a free video chat app that is connected to Facebook so you dont have any other passwords to remember and theres nothing to download. I use it with my LDR and love it theres no echoing and the picture is better along with the sound check it out

Comment

It only happens to us when both of us are using the built in speakers and internal mic. But one way to get rid of this is to cover the mic or to mute yourself temporarily. If you can hear yourself, ask the other party to turn you way down then back up again. These little things usually help give a temporary fix but we have to keep repeating them.

Comment

A lot of the time we hear this evil wind noise. Which is just weird because there's no wind. And then when one of us says "THERE IT IS AGAIN!" it goes away....strange.

Comment

Here's the scoop from a techy...

Feedback is the process by which a microphone hears itself... and it keeps hearing itself... over and over again... like a loop. That's where the loud ringing sound comes in, and thats why it usually starts off quiet and builds to an ear piercing level.

There are a couple of ways to eliminate feedback. First of all, turn the volume on your speakers down. That will likely solve the problem -- especially if you are using internal speakers and an internal microphone -- as it will make it harder for the microphone to hear itself and easier for it to hear just you. The inverse if this is turning the microphone level down if you have that option.

Another way to remove feedback is to place you microphone in such a way that it cannot hear the speakers (i.e. behind the speakers instead of in front of them.) This is likely why your headphones are causing feedback. Think of a headphone mic set as two speakers pointed right at the microphone. Only way to solve that problem is to play with the levels. Again if you have the option, mess with both the speaker volume and the microphone level.

Hope thats helpful. Best of luck solving your feedback issues!

Comment

well she does need a new mic because the sound keeps going in and out so when she gets a new mic maybe that will solve the echo problem

Comment

Working...
                        X