Webcams!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcams!

I saw a couple older threads about this elsewhere, but technology is always changing so it's probably best to start a new one here. I have a built-in camera in my laptop, but I want something better now that my SO has upgraded to HD.

So, what webcams do you guys use and are you happy with what it can do? How much did it cost (available for purchase online or, if not, what country did you buy it in)? Also, any recommendations for high-def webcams?

Married: June 9th, 2015

I have a MacBook, so I always use the built-in camera. My SO loves the quality.

I would definitely get a HD webcam though if my SO had unlimited broadband and we could talk whenever we felt like it.

Comment

well mine comes in my lap top so its an hp web cam

Comment

I have a built in webcam in my laptop and i also bought a gigaware cam but don't use em anymore. Cause web camming messes up his comp he says.... fortunately i only have 2 months to wait to see him
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Both of our's are built in. I have friends who have gotten HD webcams, but say they're super IF the internet connection is good. If the internet connection is weak, you'll still end up with lags and pixelation. ):

Comment

I also have a built-in webcam... and I have an HP laptop

I'm not telling you it's going to be easy.
            I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.

Comment

I have older laptops so I use Logitech webcams, which have worked fine. I also do a lot of recording of lectures for my classes so I use a head set even if I don't need to. It eliminates a lot of background noise and feedback. I just bought a Microsoft web cam which is truly plug-and-play, and was so user-friendly my parents (in their 70s) had no trouble with using them. Well, once they plugged them in. *sighs*
              17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

As good as webcams are built in, you can always just purchase one to plug in. They go in your USB drive, laptop or desktop, and I think if you invest $25-$30 they are really, really good. The connection does mostly depend on the internet and how well it's running but I think you can get a great deal nevertheless.

Comment

Working...
                X