Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to find a laptop that would work in hong kong and canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to find a laptop that would work in hong kong and canada?

im looking for a laptop that would work in both canada and hong kong without that huge electricity changing black box. lol i have no idea what that is and what exactly it does but im hoping u do lol.
    so my dad told me some stuff that could be useful when asking somebody about this but i have no idea what it means so ill just copy and paste it here lol

hong kong
    220V
    50hz
    english/british plug

canada
    110V
    60hz

so is it possible to find a laptop like that anywhere? and if so, do you know where? (lol please say yes pppllleasee hehe)

in italy we have 220V while in america there were 110V. when i was over there i bought a macbook pro, whick has it's own converter in the charger, so i just needed to change the plug once i came back to italy.
    as you see in the picture you just need to substitute the little plug thing with the one that they use in hong kong.

https://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=83&ty=87

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
      in italy we have 220V while in america there were 110V. when i was over there i bought a macbook pro, whick has it's own converter in the charger, so i just needed to change the plug once i came back to italy.
      as you see in the picture you just need to substitute the little plug thing with the one that they use in hong kong.

https://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=...:0&tx=83&ty=87
      ohhhhhhmmmmigosh thank youu! lol i was just about to give up
      lol ive been checking everywhere allll dayy

Comment

uh.. :O thats like thousands and thousands of dollars D:
        wahh im only 14 haha i cant really afford that
        but thank you anyway

Comment

I use a macbook too and have brought it to several countries using what they call a travel or universal adapter. Nothing happened to it or my other electrical stuff, so I'm assuming it's safe. If you're going to be in a different country long term of course it's much safer to get a computer from there.

Comment

Most laptops can make that conversion on their own because of the converter that comes with the charger. To know for sure if the laptop can is by checking converter on the charger. It will say something along the line of Input: AC 110-240V. If it says that, it'll work in both countries. As the other girls have said, just be sure to buy a travel adapter in order to use the different outlets.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

yeah, just get a universal adapter. that way you can still use any of your electronics in other countries.
              <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

maybe if the voltage isn't the same on yours you can get a different cable? But when i was in america (im from england) I didn't have to use the adaptor because mine was 110-240V

Comment

(I have a sony vaio V series)

Comment

Working...
                  X