Excellent international phone package for those in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent international phone package for those in the UK

For those of you in the UK or with SO's in the UK, I wanted to recommend an amazing international calling plan that I just got.

O2 - International favourites. It's a pay as you go plan but for £10.21 a month you get:

• 3000 mins to up to three numbers
    • A local number in your SOs country that means they can use any included minutes in their plan to call you.

Me and my SO are absolutely in love with this plan. I was spending £50 - £100 a month on my old plan and he was spending $15 a month (but only to landlines) so it's making a big difference to us already.

Plus now he can call my mobile which he couldn't do before. Great considering the time differences and the fact we like to say goodmorning/goodnight to each other without waking up everyone else in the households.

You can get a sim card sent to you free, (when last I checked) even if you just get a rubbish phone to use it in, you only need it for phone calls. I have my regular phone and then what I call my "America phone".

Even if you have an old phone on a different network you can get it unlocked for about £5 in most independent phone shops.

Enjoy!

www.o2.co.UK/if
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Wow that is good! will have to change from Orange when my contract is up. Thanks for the heads up
    Sky have a brilliant land-line package too, £16 a month (£11 line rental £5 unlimited package) and you get unlimited calls (hang up and redial after an hour though) but that includes U.S.A and Canada mobiles.
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Does that price include local calling as well? I'll be there in a month and was looking for something to be able to call home with.

Comment

Oh yeah, same thing - hang up and redial after 1hr. I have an orange contract and was then using orange payg camel and it was about 7p a min but with the amount we spend on the phone it still racked up a fair amount!

Yes you can put extra credit it on it and use it for calls in the UK. I dont know the exact figures but it'll probably be something like 5 - 10p a minute.
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
          Does that price include local calling as well? I'll be there in a month and was looking for something to be able to call home with.
          Yep, includes local,national and international calls. I had to call the company when i was reading the details as i didn't believe I'd read it correctly and thought there must be a catch.
          Only charges i get are when i go over the hour limit occasionally, but if you have a timer you can avoid that.

Comment

Just going through some old threads and thought I'd *bump* this one for the benefit of newer members or anyone that may have missed it first time round and it may be useful for.

I still use this although in my new flat my 02 reception is rubbish which is very frustrating! But enough about my problems

Comment

I have O2, but O2 Germany doesn't have an offer like that.
              Daamn. I would soo love to have a local Polish number. We have an International Friends (or whatever it's called) plan, but it's different. For 5€ (that I pay once) I get to choose 5 international numbers, that I can call for 0.05€/min.

We use this call cards, and he can call my landline unlimited for about 10€ a month, though. So that's not too bad. I just sometimes wish I could call him, too so I wouldn't have to wait around for him calling.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I'm not in UK and my bf is not there either. However, my parents live in another country and I bought them a magicjack and it works really good. So if one of you or your SO lives in USA you can give the one that doesn't live in USA a Magicjack. Basically you buy it for $40 and you can talk with any american phone number as much as you want for a whole year without paying anything alse. If after one year to want to renew it you just have to pay $20 for another whole year... My parents have it for 3 years already and no problems The only thing is that you must have internet to use it

Comment

That's an AWESOME DEAL lol. I'll try to remember it for when I have to next change my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
                    Just going through some old threads and thought I'd *bump* this one for the benefit of newer members or anyone that may have missed it first time round and it may be useful for.

I still use this although in my new flat my 02 reception is rubbish which is very frustrating! But enough about my problems

Can i tell you that i love you?
                    I had no idea about this package and since i got it my SO and i feel so much closer and more involved in each others lives. So THANK YOU MILLIONS for sharing
                    Sucks to hear about your reception, have you called 02? they might be able to do something. When i moved my orange signal was awful, but i called them and they boosted it now it's not so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post

Can i tell you that i love you?
                      I had no idea about this package and since i got it my SO and i feel so much closer and more involved in each others lives. So THANK YOU MILLIONS for sharing
                      Sucks to hear about your reception, have you called 02? they might be able to do something. When i moved my orange signal was awful, but i called them and they boosted it now it's not so bad.

Comment

Aw bless you - of course, sharing love is always good! So glad it helped you and your SO, having a decent package makes SO much difference and having it on a mobile is a god send for us too!

I think I will call them. I had some issues when I first got the package of calls randomly dropping and they were looking into that and *touch wood* it seems to have got better now. I didn't know they could boost signal - awesome will def call them! Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Aw bless you - of course, sharing love is always good! So glad it helped you and your SO, having a decent package makes SO much difference and having it on a mobile is a god send for us too!

I think I will call them. I had some issues when I first got the package of calls randomly dropping and they were looking into that and *touch wood* it seems to have got better now. I didn't know they could boost signal - awesome will def call them! Thank you

Comment

I love International Favourites! I honestly don't think I'd be in an LDR without it.

Comment

Oh this is awesome to know! I'm moving to the UK in October and I'm awful at shopping around for deals like this. I loved O2 in Ireland, so I'll stick with them for this!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
                            X