My own personal English GPS :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My own personal English GPS :D

I go for a walk almost every day. As I am easily bored, I often drive to new areas to do my walks. Today I visited an area I've been to before, as a child. As such, I was overly confident walking around, thinking I knew exactly where I was going. After I got my exercise in, I took out my phone and started Skyping with my SO -- my favorite part of my walk is when I talk to him; I almost feel like he's walking with me. He even enjoys looking at Google Maps as I walk so he can feel like he's with me.

Soon it was time to head back to my car, so I went back the direction I thought I'd come from. But somehow, I'd become turned around and had no idea where I was. I had a map with me, but I couldn't figure out where I was on it. My SO asked me to describe where I was, and I told him I was next to a small fire station, with a cornfield across the road from me. From those details, he pin-pointed on Google Maps where I was, and told me to walk down the road toward another road. From there, he told me to turn right. Then at the next intersection, to turn right again... and so on, until he had directed me back to my car.

Here I was lost in the US and my boyfriend in England got me back to my car. I love technology!

I told him this proves I'm completely lost without him. *grin*

Hahaha this made me smile....

Comment

LOL. I'm notoriously bad with directions, so when I moved to my new place a year ago this past August... my SO google mapped and studied the entire city... so he would know exactly where I was when I was doing my local everyday outings. When I've gotten lost (and I have several times) he can tell me what cross streets and buildings to look for to get me home. GOTTA LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Awww! (I don't awww at things outside of fluffly animals usually, so that says something) That's a really cute story

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Haha aw I did this too for my boyfriend when he called me one night after a night out with friends, he was sloshed and had no idea how to get home. I was navigating him through the streets of London via Google Maps, it was crazy. Smartphones are the best thing ever!

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Haha awwww! That is so cute!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Awwwwwww that is so cute!
              <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Hahahaha, awwwwww. Sounds like my SO and I!
                Technology is amazing!

First Met Online: October 2010
                First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Awww that's so sweet!!

Comment