Mic problems, help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mic problems, help please!

I have a built in webcam and microphone in my laptop. It always worked fine when skyping/calling my SO from the states. But now when I try to call my family back home it is really crappy. For some reason gmail is giving me free calls to the States. Sweet right? Well, I call cell phones and my family can never EVER hear me. So I thought it was a problem with gmail. I just bought Skype credit and tried to call my mom and she again couldn't hear me. So now I'm thinking it's something wrong with the mic in my computer. But when I make videos, etc, you can always hear just fine. So now I'm thinking it's maybe that the internet connection here sucks real bad?

I'd really love to use internet calling because it's FREE on gmail, 1.3c/minute on Skype, 27c/minute from my cell phone, and even more from a calling card (weird, right?). So internet could potentially be infinitely cheaper if I find a way to make it work. Ideas?

I am sorry I don't have much advice on how to fix the microphone problem but if you don't find an answer to it maybe you could buy a headset? A friend of mine uses one when she makes calls from the computer and she really likes it. Good luck!

Comment

if the net speed is anything like it is here, then yes, it's the crappy connection try to do a speed test. go to somewhere like speedtest.net and try it out...
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
        if the net speed is anything like it is here, then yes, it's the crappy connection try to do a speed test. go to somewhere like speedtest.net and try it out...
        this/\

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Okay I ran that test and got a 99 ping, 1.40 Mb/s download and 0.23 Mb/s upload. National grade was 43% (C-) and global 25% (D).

I don't know anything about those numbers, but I know D is bad. So you guys think it's the internet? Curses! I want my free phone calls!

Comment

Working...
          X