webcam problems :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webcam problems :(

For the past few weeks my webcam has been cutting out in the middle of Skype, but I've been able to turn it back on with no problem.

However, twice today during Skype my webcam shut down completely. My computer didn't even recognize that I had a webcam. (I have a laptop with a cam built in, so this was very odd.)

My SO is very tech savvy so he was trying to help me figure it out (screen share still works when you don't have a webcam, yay) and it appears that the webcam driver needs to be fixed. I have absolutely no idea what this means... and he had to leave for class so he couldn't finish helping fix it.

Anyways, has anyone had this problem before? If so how did you fix it? I'm planning on taking my computer in to the techies at my university either tomorrow or Thursday to see if they can help me get it worked out. But any advice and help is appreciated.

Maybe you can first download an update package for your webcam? Maybe you're simply missing something. If that doesn't work then you should definitely take it in.

Comment

I took it to a tech guy at my university and he worked some magic. On a test call with my mom at the moment and so far it's working again!

Comment

Yay! I'm glad it's working again!

First Met Online: October 2010
        First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
        Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
        First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
        Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
        Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
        Engaged!: June 1, 2013
        Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Working...