It's been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while

My SO and I skyped for a while tonight for the first time in probably a year. Since we've been CD we just haven't had a reason to skype. But I've been on away on vacation to visit my family, and we still never skyped or really treated it like a LDR. Tonight he really made my day, cuz he just out of the blue brought up webcamming. So i borrowed a webcam and it was just so much fun. We haven't really connected like that since I've been away.

He showed me his clean room and that he threw some clutter away and took a lot of his posters down. He really likes little knick-knacks but he's really accumulated a lot. And he had so many posters you could barely see the wall.
    I'm not saying that those are bad things at all. He lives with his parents so I don't expect him to be giving up his items and treasures. But it does make me really happy that he understands that clutter can really make you feel crappy. He even said that having cleaner walls makes him feel a bit better.
    Not just that, but one of his resolutions this year is to save more money. He works at a video game store so he gets discounts on games, so he's really spent a lot of money on that. Which, again, is fine since he doesn't have bills and doesn't pay rent. But he even set a goal by the end of the year to have a set amount of money in his savings account. He even told me that he's thinking about moving out by the end of next year!! That alone almost put me in cardiac arrest, because up until now he wasn't interested in the idea at all. He's still young and in college so I understood, and I knew he'd eventually get to that mindset. But it's just so exciting to see such progressions!

Aside from that, we really had a great time talking. Even though my microphone stopped working, we still had fun. I'd almost forgotten how easily we talk to each other. I don't see us skyping much if any until the next time I'm away since my vacation ends this week. But that's what makes it so special. And the fact that it was actually his idea makes me feel so important to him

I just thought I'd share my joy with y'all
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

ah! Yea for you! I recently had a moment like this as well. I have barely spoken to him in months, and the other day I got a picture so I was over the moons. It's the little things.
    “But now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.”

Comment

^^ It really is. We had been having some issues so it's nice to have a moment like that. It feels like a fresh start.
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...