Study Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Study Together

Since I'm in college I'm always studying so instead of being silent on the phone or calling him back after I'm finished,
    I like to get him involved and make it fun for the both of us. For example, if I have to learn concept i'll tell him some
    entertaining story that makes him remember and he kind of quizzes me on it. Or if I have a study guide I'll it too him
    with the answers and he quizzes me. We'll even make up games to help me remember so makes studying fun and we
    still have our us time.

My SO and I quiz each other sometimes, and if one of us writes a paper, the other will proofread it. On our off-campus days, we usually Skype together while we're doing homework. We don't talk much, but it's just really nice to know the other one is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Josephine Falnor View Post
      My SO and I quiz each other sometimes, and if one of us writes a paper, the other will proofread it. On our off-campus days, we usually Skype together while we're doing homework. We don't talk much, but it's just really nice to know the other one is there.
      Exactly what my SO and I do! It's a lot of fun and gives me a sense of relief because I am more involved in his life even though I am not physically there.

Also it makes homework and studying a lot less boring!
      Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

I try to do this sometimes as well (although she isn't big on studying )

Comment

That's really neat, I wish my SO and I were able to do this, but we were 12 hours apart, and studying early in the morning or late in the night was NOT going to happen lol - I barely study during the day
          It's a really neat thing to do though. It's quality time while still being productive. Love it
          sigpic
          Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
          Our first LDR ~ August 2009
          Closed the distance ~ January 2011
          He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
          Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
          He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
          Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
          Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

heh... we have tried this many times...

when close distance, we just end up flirting lots whilst asking questions (dont ask how, we just do)... and then the study books of course end up on the ground lol.

long distance... well we have tried doing homework whilst on skype... but we just end up talking to each other.... :P

Comment

Yeah, it happens with me as well.

Comment

That's a good idea.i and my so also do that and various kinds of activities.it also helps us better understanding.
                NoThInG iS ImPoSsiBlE..

Comment

This reminds me of one of the sweetest things my SO did for me last year. Back in the fall, I had an exam the following morning and was freaking out because I wasn't sure how to prepare. I usually don't do too well on the first exam of any professor because I don't know what to expect. I told my SO how badly I was freaking out and I couldn't sleep because I was so worried about this test. So he asked me what was going to be on it, and he started typing it on a word document. Then he started quizzing me on the things I told him was going to be on the test. Unfortunately, I was too tired to tell him everything that was going to be on it, but what I could tell him, I got right on the test the next day! He stayed up with me studying, and by the time I went to sleep, I was soooo calm and at peace. It was so sweet.

Comment

My SO and I have reading days we always look forward to.
                    I am learning german -his mother tongue- so the books "we" read are written in german. He is the one reading and I listen carefully -he's the sweetest!- Every certain number of paragraphs he stops and I supposed to tell him what I have understood until that point. After I have said it, he makes a summary in english and we continue reading. We recently finished our first book -it was a thriller- and even thought it was of course for people who understand german in at least a 90%, I was able to understand a lot.

The other day we started our second book, but we had to put it down because it was written in a very complex way, even for him! Soooo he randomly sends me this picture some days ago...

They are the books he and his sister used to read when they were kids. We are currently reading "Insel der blauen Delfine". We both love our reading days and they are always a lot of fun. Plus, I sooo like it when I hear him talking in german

Reading days are definitely a great way to practice his/her language if you are trying to learn it, have fun together, get out of the routine, have something to look forward to, etc. :-)

Comment

It's always fun! I'm in design school and he's majoring in arts so most of our work is manual, so we just go on skype and we work together. In my case, since it's industrial design I have a few classes involving theory, specially about materials and how to manufacture things with it. He loves hearing about it so I tell him everything so he can learn it too and I study by doing it. It's really fun

Comment

And it's also difficult because her language of delivery is Estonian. We learn the same maths, but it's difficult because she doesn't know the terminology in English.

So I just do the question, with working and let her look at it . So that's how people learnt foreign languages on first contact

Comment

Working...
                        X