Dream Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream Dates

One thing my fiance and I have started doing is what we call our "Dream Dates." When he calls me on his way to work each morning, we pick a place to meet in our "Dream date" that night. Whether it is like tonight's, a horse drawn carriage through the English country side at sunset, or last nights, a twist on his proposal, with castles and dragons, oh my!

After we decide where we will meet in our dream date, I write it in a "dream journal" where we are meeting, then add a caption about it. It doesn't need to be long, but it gives us something to look forward too, and helps us through the nights. A lot less tears falling at night.

Hmm this sounds really interesting! Wonder if I could get my boyfriend to do that with me... We wouldn't be able to do it everyday, we'd probably get the equivalent of writer's block :P but it might be fun for it once a week or something!

For me this would probably be an activity for when I'm more emotionally stable, if I had just visited him it would make me even more sad to think about us being together :P

I love this idea though, thanks for sharing stareyes!

Comment

That's a really good idea, I'm going to have to try it out. Hopefully I can get my boyfriend to play along lol.

Comment

Nice!
        I usually roleplay with my SO, but sometimes, he gets carried away...XD

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

If writer's block is what is making it hard, do like I did, I took one afternoon, went to google.com, typed in vacations, and then travel, and just started finding ideas for our dream dates, came up with about 30 of them that afternoon And we are still doing it, 30+ dates later......

Comment

What a great, unique idea! Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I like the idea! Not sure if I could persuade my SO to try it though - I'm the imaginative one in our couple

Comment

Working...
              X