a little competition...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little competition...?

Me and my SO are both insecure about our weight and want to lose a few pounds before we meet for the first time. I got an idea today that I want to talk to him about next time we talk but I want to have it all figured out and stuff first. I was thinking that we could have a little competition together, like whoever loses the most weight in a certain amount of time, or most inches, something will get a reward. I can't figure out what our "rewards" would be though. Anyone have an ideas for this? We are both pretty competitive so I think it'll be perfect for us. I just wish I had more ideas on it.

What if each of you set up three goals to be achieved by the time you meet and then the person that wins gets to be wined and dined for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
      What if each of you set up three goals to be achieved by the time you meet and then the person that wins gets to be wined and dined for the night.
      Ohh I like that one. ^^

I forgot to mention, I would prefer the "rewards" be either free or super cheap.

Comment

Okay...Well what if each of you got a journal. Wrote down your goals and write down a reward that is either free or cheap for each step accomplished. So lets say: Goal One - Loose 20 pounds, Award: Homemade cookies, Goal Two - Ability to run for 20 min straight and so on...and then to stay connected and competitive write down your progress and do weekly or bi-weekly weight ins. And then when you guys meet you share with each other and the person that got closest or got to their goals.

Comment

as a suggestion towards the "amount" lost, go for percentage because guys tend to lose weight/inches faster

also, don't use food as a reward, especially if you're trying to lose weight (you're not dogs). that's just a general pet peeve of mine.

good luck with the competition!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheddarx89 View Post
            as a suggestion towards the "amount" lost, go for percentage because guys tend to lose weight/inches faster

also, don't use food as a reward, especially if you're trying to lose weight (you're not dogs). that's just a general pet peeve of mine.

good luck with the competition!
            See, that's what I was thinking that he might lose faster than me since he's... well a guy. xD Thats why I wasn't sure what we should measure.
            And yeah... definently NOT going to use food. That would be kind of pointless, "reward" ourselves with something that will just put us back in the way we were? xD Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm still thinking on it. Keep the ideas coming.

Ohh.. and thanks.

Comment

That's a wonderful idea! I might try that one! He said he wanted to lose weight as well (even though I think he looks perfect how he is ) so it might be a bit fun to have a competition. We tend to get very competitive over games and everything else lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CKJS View Post
                That's a wonderful idea! I might try that one! He said he wanted to lose weight as well (even though I think he looks perfect how he is ) so it might be a bit fun to have a competition. We tend to get very competitive over games and everything else lol.
                That's how we are. And yeah, I think my SO is perfect and he thinks I'm perfect, we are wanting to lose the weight because we're not happy with ourselves. what better motivation than a little competition between you and your SO.

Comment

Aw! Yes that's exactly how we are! He tells me i'm perfect and I say the same about him. But like you said we aren't happy with ourselves.
                  I agree! and sometimes I really do need all the motivation I can get to work out lol

Comment

definitely do a percentage of weigh lost, or even bmi, or do both seperately.
                    We did this last year. Since we are both competitive, we really egged each other on. Took me a while to catch on to his tactics - he would text me and tell me what he had done, there was no way I could do as much as him, etc. it made me work even harder, which was his goal.
                    rewards, one cook the other dinner, or dessert (healthy style), do something out of your comfort zone that the other likes to do
                    everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

My SO and I are doing this. xD Jeje You guys should make the rewards something you'd like. My SO and I are doing things we both would love to do together, like doing stuff outdoors or staying in or something.

Comment

It's probably not best to use BMI or weight since BMI doesnt account for muscle weight and muscle weighs more than fat.

Before i met my SO i was so unhappy with the way i looked. I lost 38 lbs before i met him. That was over 2 years ago, i havent put it back on but i've had zero motivation to actually lose much more. My goal is anouther 40lbs. He wants to lose weight too, rather get his mucles back.

My motivation is: sex >.< lol, oh and wedding dress. I told him we're not getting married till i lose at least another 40lbs (my goal is what i weighed when i was 18). Although he said im still getting married whether i hit that or not....soo ohwell.

But yeah for us, rewards is some nice outfits to use in some fun adult activities >.> Oh also running together. He loves running outside, i prefer the treadmill but thats what he wants. Run together then go home and have some fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X