Mapping your LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapping your LDR

This past Valentine's Day I was trying to think of something that Mark and I could do long distance that wasn't expensive. Then I heard a news article on the Toronto Kiss Map (google it) and had an idea: customize a Google map with all the places which are important to us! You can set it so just you and your SO can see it. I put a marker and a paragraph by all the places where we had good memories of being together, as well as some of the places I mention in our nightly telephone call that he's never seen. Then I sent him the link on Valentine's Day and listened to him open it and read through some of them. Could work for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. He can add markers for me to read as well.

Another thing I marked on the list was all the places in the world with his name (names of towns, etc) as well as mine. We plan to have it as an evolving project over the next few years of being apart. And yes, it's free. :-)

This is such a cute idea!! Can you give me a link for a website so I can do this??

Comment

How original I'll be sure to look into it!

Comment

That is a really sweet idea! I don't know if my SO would go for that but we have discussed a journal we send back and forth with messages to each other. My friend and her bf did it who was overseas as well and it worked for them. We do skype but can't video chat. His internet is limited with where he is at so we mostly instant message each other.

Comment

I found this site:

https://www.aardvarkmap.net/#themap

Comment

Like this idea! Can't wait to try it!!!

Comment

Working...
            X