Anything to create conversations?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything to create conversations?!

Calls with my babe have been hollow lately, and he does the same thing everyday in the military! Me I only go to school two days a week the other three I look for work and most of the weekend I spend it in church. Nothing entertaining to talk about obviously ...
    What are some questions that can create a conversation? Or something that can atleast trigger his talk mode or mine?!
    Any suggestions would be very helpful!! Thanku!

Why don't you try to watch the same DVD/TV show throughout the week and talk about it? My SO and I have watched the same movie before and then talked about it on skype and it was nice.

Comment

That happens to me a lot, since days go by and work is work after all and I don't like re-iterating everything that happened at work.

I find when I'm really lacking on everyday things to comment on, it's nice to dive into something a bit deeper, not philosphical but more close to the heart and personal.

An example might be...

You think of something you miss from your childhood, or something cute or funny you or your family did, and then ask what your SO misses from his childhood. Or an amazinggg food that he loved but can no longer get/find. etc.

or if you're feeling a bit philosophical you can even go into stuff like culture and religion or your views on the universe (without getting too technical :P) The key thing here is that there's really no right and wrong, but it helps us understand each other more and how we think/what we believe in

Another interesting idea I actually saw from this forum is: what scars do you have? and how did you get them? Personally I think that's just a pretty cool topic :P But definitely depends on the person!

Comment

Thank-you both, it seems way better than hey how are you? ok. you? im fine lol basic conversation with long silence. Thankyou ill defenitly try some of those deep conversations

Comment

I feel like im in the complete same situation. All I hear about is how work is tiring and stuff and about working out making weight. Its hard cause of time differences to have actual conversations.... but yeah. I feel like maybe a game of 20 questions will help.

Comment

I was also in the same situation. A friend of mine happened to be telling me about a phone app for my Android called Would You Rather? My SO and I do this sometimes and it helps break up convo's, get a better idea as to how the other thinks and makes us laugh with some of the questions. Here is a link to a site I looked up:

https://www.rrrather.com/

There is also a dirty version

Comment

Originally posted by Shayxoxo View Post
              I feel like im in the complete same situation. All I hear about is how work is tiring and stuff and about working out making weight. Its hard cause of time differences to have actual conversations.... but yeah. I feel like maybe a game of 20 questions will help.

I love playing 20 questions. I play it all the time with my best friends who I have known since i was 5 or 6. It gets pretty entertaining!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X