Board games to play over skype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Board games to play over skype?

We just decided to try battleship so I will be sending her one half of my game so we can play it on skype. Was just wondering if anyone had any other board games or games of any sort, non computer though, that we could play?
    Chris and Molly
    Age 19 and 19
    NJ and Missouri
    Almost 10 months together
    Anniversary: May 26, 2011
    Next visit date: July 18, 2012

Card games. Using two decks or playing War would make it pretty easy. Crazy 8s with a deck each. Etc.

Depending how good your camera work is, you could really play any board game. Just each person has to move all the pieces. Or use pogo.com+Skype.

Pictionary over Skype with actual paper.

Comment

Me and my boyfriend play poker through Facebook lol

Comment

We haven't actually tried this yet, but my SO and I have thought about playing charades through Skype, or even the board game Cranium - not all of the activities can be done over webcam, or with just two people, but you could easily skip over the cards that don't work.

Comment

Chess, if you both have a board. Just make sure you both move the peices. Its easy if you number the squares to be coordiantes much like battle ships. My SO and I play online though at Chess.com.
          Si tu n'etais pas la
          Comment pourrais-je vivre
          Je ne connaitrais pas
          Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
          Quand je suis dans tes bras
          Mon coeur joyeux se livre
          Comment pourrais-je vivre
          Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
          Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Super cool ideas!

Comment

Guess I wasn't going to lurk on the forum as long as I thought I would. A couple games that I play with my SO over skype include Pictionary, Hangman and Battleship. For Battle ship we each drew a board with MSPaint. We add our ships, call our shots and mark away. For Hangman and Pictionary, we make use of the share screens option in skype and MSPaint. It's almost more fun to guess wrong just so the other has to keep drawing terrible stickmen and animals that look like circles with stick feet.

Just thought I would toss in my two cents. Happy gaming.

~R

Comment

I was actually thinking of bringing down my battleship board next time I go visit and leave half there. That way we can play over skype. With REAL boards

Comment

Working...
                X