Minecraft - Fantastic for LDRs who love building and killing zombies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minecraft - Fantastic for LDRs who love building and killing zombies

I should explain quickly what Minecraft is. It's sort of an open world game and it's like an adult version of LEGO with zombies and other creatures. It looks like a real world where you have to mine resources and you can build utterly amazing things. Most importantly, there is a multiplayer.

So before I left from a visit in February to my SO, I setup a Minecraft server on one of her old laptops with some remote admin software too. This means that we can play the game together in our own private server with no interruptions and create our own world together. It's almost like we're in the same room when we play. We give each other items, we farm and cook together, we go on quests together. It is just so much fun for us to do.

Here we are in our own world, with me dressed as The Riddler and my SO as Chell from Portal (the first real game she ever played).

https://godlike.me.uk/index.php?/view/4f79dc069875c

Ugh, I LOVE Minecraft, and my SO, who is an engineer, would absolutely love it, too, but unfortunately he is unable to play for lack of a graphics card. =/
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I played it with my SO a lot and we built a lot of stuff together and we even made a video of our world. But after playing it for a couple of months it got boring pretty quickly, my girlfriend is still playing though and she loves it
      Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

Comment

Oooooh. Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely have to look into this with my SO. I love playing some video games with him, (Harry Potter LEGO, Little Big Planet, Portal, games like those. I'm not too into shooter games..) so we may have to add this to our "things to do together" list!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
        X