Growing Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing Together

Has anyone tried growing a plant with their SO? Dylan and I would love to do it and right now we're researching plants that we (hopefully) won't kill and will be pretty. We're hoping to have some friendly competition as to whose plant has more flowers or whose plant is larger, but we don't really know what plants would be best. I was wondering if anyone's tried this idea and has a few suggestions for some easy to grow, hearty plants. So far, the Jade Plant or the Kalanchoe look like our best bet.

Thanks so much!
    My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
    It's just me and you
    Put the pedal to the metal
    Baby, turn the radio on
    We can run to the far side of nowhere
    We can run 'til the days are gone

Do you want to plant it or keep it in a pot? There's tons of plants that are easy to take care of. In fact, most plants are easy to take care of. Put them in proper light (low, medium, or high) and water them once a week, making sure they don't sit in their water which can cause root rot. That's it!

I had a snake plant I really loved. All succulents are easy to take care of since they require less watering. I think wandering jew is really pretty, it's a hanging plant. Do they have to be flowering?

Comment

We want to keep them in a pot (as long as they're comfortable there) because we plan on getting matching pots for even more togetherness (as cheesy as that may sound ) and I'm hoping we can do it. I don't think we're completely firm on the flowering part, we just thought it would add to the competition. But I suppose vine length would be a good comparison as well. Dylan lives in an apartment, so I'm not sure he'd be allowed to drill into the ceiling for hanging plants but I'm not opposed to adding one to my house. This has caused me to become quite curious about raising a few plants. I have horrific dust allergies and we're actually going on a 'virtual date' tonight to Bed Bath & Beyond to look at Air Purifiers. I was hoping plants might help that as well. Thanks, Lucybelle
      It's just me and you
      Baby, turn the radio on

Comment

During my GF's last visit we planted a few herbs together. We have names for them too as silly as it sounds. It's a really good idea!

Comment

It was my SO's idea, he said he wants to plant and grow a tree together. I love the idea, to kind of see it as a symbol of your love, as it grows and blooms. I think when we get our first official place we'll plant one for sure!
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

I love those ideas! Biscous, yours made me laugh because Dylan and I went shopping with my mom and she picked up a huge plant that he gave a goofy name to and she fondly calls it that now And Kiara, I think that's a great idea! Dylan and I are closing the distance next March, so maybe we can do something like that. Good luck
            It's just me and you
            Baby, turn the radio on

Comment

That's such a cute idea....
              sigpic
              Not to get clever
              but with you I see forever
              But whatever it is,